Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Empire State Health Solutions is opening a medical marijuana facility in Elmhurst in 2016.View Full Caption
DNAinfo/Katie Honan

ELMHURST - The borough's first medical marijuana dispensary will open next year in a commercial building on Queens Boulevard, the owners said.
Empire State Health Solutions was one of five companies given permission to grow and distribute medical marijuana beginning in2016 by the state Department of Health.

It will be growing the marijuana in Fulton County but distributing it across the state, including inside an "open and clean" office at 89-55 Queens Blvd., the only center in the borough. It's across the street from the busyQueens Center Mall.

Kyle Kingsley, MD, founder and CEO of Empire State Health Solutions, said the location will most likely be opened as soon as they legally can, on Jan. 1, 2016.

They have experience with similar centers in Minnesota. It helped them with the application process in New York, which took more than a year, Kingsley said.
"Because of our experience in Minnesota we knew what to do to apply and we knew how to implement and execute," he said. "If you haven't operated in that system before, it'd be hard to execute in New York."

The two states have similar laws regulating medical marijuana - different from some west coast states with broader limits he called "the wild west."
The future site - in a building that includes a Casual Male XL and AT&T shops and a tattoo parlor - won't resemble head shops and other stores that hawk marijuana paraphernalia.

"This is a medical building. It's a mix between a pharmacy and a doctor's office," he said. "It's open and clean. It's going to reassure the public and patients. It's the air of legitimacy."
Elsewhere in Queens, Bloomfield Industries Inc. will grow medical marijuana inside a warehouse in Long Island City, but distribute it in Manhattan, according to the state's health department.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
How long before the first break-in/robbery? Aren't these businesses not allowed to put their cash in a bank because the banks are federally regulated and marijuana is illegal? that means these places will have a safe full of cash and since NYC is a gun-free zone, I'm sure nothing can go wrong (sarc).

·
Registered
15,344 Posts
It will soon be surrounded by 7-Elevens, Taco Bells and White Castles. Just sayin.......................

·
Registered
677 Posts
How long before the first break-in/robbery? Aren't these businesses not allowed to put their cash in a bank because the banks are federally regulated and marijuana is illegal? that means these places will have a safe full of cash and since NYC is a gun-free zone, I'm sure nothing can go wrong (sarc).
I was thinking the exact same thing. This place is going to be a massive target to drug addicts and thieves alike. Also throwing in the report that there's going to a grow facility somewhere in Long Island city is like sending up the bat signal in Gotham.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I can tell you based on very good insider information there is another dispensary scheduled for Nassau County.
There's already a thousand of them but that will be the first one that has to pay taxes. Thank you, I'll be here all week.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I can surely see the patients get robbed at gun point as soon as they get around the corner and not in view of the cameras on the building, wait what am I thinking with the safe act nobody would dare use an illegal gun. I am sure if you dress up like a lion everybody would leave you alone yup dress up like a lion get your med weed and you can just walk off into the sunset un- harmed

·
Banned
2,193 Posts
There's already a thousand of them but that will be the first one that has to pay taxes. Thank you, I'll be here all week.
For this one I have seen the lease. Before anyone thinks this is a get rich fast scheme, you will need all your start up up front because there won't be a bank that will fund you nor will there be a bank that will take your ROI. Don't forget that while NY has made this a legal endeavor the Feds still consider this criminal activity, finding legitimate financing will be impossible. Simply paying your bills, nobody is going to take your check, the banks won't cash it. What you are going to see is some very very big speculative money funding these operations.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.