Long Island Shooters Forum banner

Boresighting

1K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  wreckhog 
#1 ·
i usually do my sighting in on the range but ive been toying with the idea of picking up a laser boresighter to save some time and $ hopefully in the long run...my question is how do you feel about them? ive heard they are good to get close and then make some adjustments.  

#2 ·
I have an optical one that is good for getting a scope lined up to at least hit the paper at 100 yards, but its no good for iron sights as the optical device sits too high off the barrel.  Otherwise, if you shoot a lot and sight in a lot of different long guns a lot, it would probably pay for itself in ammo costs and saves some aggravation as well.

#3 ·
They work fine, just remember to remove it before you fire a round :)

Things to consider is height (of crosshairs) over bore and bullet drop so read the directions

#5 ·
I use the old fashion bore sighter it uses the 1/4 inch squares to site in it's from Bushnell I use it at home and bring it to the range in case i need it I is set up for 100 Yard range I used it from my 22's to my 12 gage shot gun I just did Steve's [SteveWolf] 30-06 with it
papabear

#6 ·
I use one at 25 yards and it is a help in getting you dialed in close enough to hit paper at 100 yards. You'll be very close left-right with most of the final adjustment being up-down.

#8 ·
I've been pretty successful without a laser boresighter. I pin up a round target in my backyard and back off enough so that when I remove the bolt and look down the bore of the rifle it pretty much fills my entire field of view. Then i use whatever i have laying around to hold the rifle in place and adjust the scope. I did this on my rem 700 in 30-06 and was grouping withing 6 inches of center at 50 yards the first time i tried it. I had similar results with a red-dot on an AR and at least one other rifle that i cant remember right now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.