Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hey guys,

Just saw a commercial for this. Looks pretty cool. All proceeds go to current and past military personnel. They have some cool boots (some made in USA). They also have shirts. All the info on where the money goes and who started it (5 girls from Texas) is on their site.

Just ordered a pair of boots.

http://www.bootcampaign.com

Looks like $50 per boot gets donated.

Check it out.

·
Registered
203 Posts
This is what I found on their site:

The Boot Campaign, Inc., is a 501c3 non-profit corporation. Tax deductible donations may be made directly to the Boot Campaign, PMB 160 713 WSW Loop 323, Suite H, Tyler, TX 75701. For assistance in making a donation please contact

Ok, found them on Guidestar.org. They are a w30 category (Military/Veterans' Organization) non profit organization.

·
Banned
0 Posts
I saw that. I went to their site years back when I first read the stuff at the link I posted. It bothers me that they're not listed at that charity navigator site.

·
Premium Member
9,506 Posts
I do not know anything about this organization, they may be terrific or they may not be. I don't know.
I can tell you that there are more than a few organizations out there who claim to be working on behalf of veterans and/or our troops who are less than credible. A number of these shady groups operate right on LI.
Some actually do provide some support, enough to satisfy the casual observer or researcher, that they are legitimate.
People want to do the right thing. We feel good when we support organizations who we believe are helping vets and troops...these dogs exploit that emotion very effectively.
It sux but it's a topic that makes it easy to take advantage of folks...give generously but give wisely to whoever you like but check them out first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts