Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Zombtac Operator
12,108 Posts
Tonight's full moon makes it the second full moon in this month (next time that will happen will be 2018). It is called a "Blue Moon" (nothing to do with color).

During most years, the Earth experiences 12 full moons, one in each month. But some years, such as 2015, have 13 full moons, and one of those "extra" lunar displays gets the label of Blue Moon.

http://www.space.com...oon-friday.html
--------------------

I'll be out in my woods tonight, may make a bonfire.. The blue moon holds significance in certain naturalistic/pagan beliefs including self empowerment. Be careful with your sacrifices, dodge silver bullets, add an extra drink, and enjoy!

Also be careful out there to all LE and emergency services! Be safe!

Atmosphere World Light Nature Black

Attachments

· Zombtac Operator
12,108 Posts
Hopefully nobody removes any street signs.
Nice cross-post reference.

You never know, the lunatics come out on a full moon.

The tidal pull on the water in our brain has actually been proven to cause change in behavior, which is where the term "lunatic" comes from --"Luna" being latin for "moon". The occurrence of crime and emergencies is documented to go up on a full moon. And of course contributed to the werewolf on a full moon folklore.

· Zombtac Operator
12,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Every time we have one of these solar events I wait for it and then it is too cloudy to see it
Maybe tonight I will see or maybe once again I won't see
Forecast says clear-to partly cloudy tonight. Should be able to see a full moon (that's all it is, a regular looking full moon, just happens to be the rare 2nd one this month).

Rectangle Font Line Circle Science

Attachments

· Zombtac Operator
12,108 Posts
...the lunatics come out on a full moon.

The tidal pull on the water in our brain has actually been proven to cause change in behavior, which is where the term "lunatic" comes from --"Luna" being latin for "moon". The occurrence of crime and emergencies is documented to go up on a full moon. And of course contributed to the werewolf on a full moon folklore.

· Registered
1,530 Posts
Every time we have one of these solar events I wait for it and then it is too cloudy to see it
Maybe tonight I will see or maybe once again I won't see
Same with me. We always seem to get screwed around here. I blame the democrats.

Though I did catch the super moon twice last time when I was up in CT. That was a sight to see - looked 2x the size and 3x the brightness!

· Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Two for one in the sky tonight. The Blue Moon and at 9:26pm the Space Station will be visible for 6 minutes. Appears SW, Disappears ENE. Height 60 degrees. If you haven't seen it before it will look like a star, about the brightness of Jupiter and it will be moving about the same apparent speed as a high altitude airliner, but not blinking.

Reactions: Dan 0351 and Destro
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.