Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
7,861 Posts
My brother just called me from Hawaii and gave me some fishing news he knows I love to hear as I'm a big blue water fisherman. A 1,300+ lb Blue was just caught off of Kona. Here's the kicker, it was caught by a man and his daughter on a 21' Grady! That's almost Old Man and the Sea type fishing! Catch of a lifetime, lottery fish!
We go back in February and I'll give it another go with the elusive Marlin and this story will be in my head trolling off the cliff coast of Lanai waiting for the knockdown and runoff.
http://www.petethomasoutdoors.com/2015/07/kona-angler-lands-1368-pound-blue-marlin-just-eight-pounds-shy-of-1982-world-record.html

Edit- just read the story that the man used an electric reel, I just found it online after hanging up with my brother. He didn't know that detail when he told me. That takes a lot of the kudos away from the man who caught the slob. The picture even shows a 130 International and assumed it was the rod/reel that put the fish on the boat. My apologies.

· Bangkok rules. Now who has a can?
11,528 Posts
Damn...I thought this thread was going to be about Destro & his fishing buddy....

· Banned
5,971 Posts
I need to post some pics of my fishing trip in Costa Rica. We lost a blue marlin that day but I did land a seven foot sailfish. Another member of the group I was with but on a different boat landed a black marlin (very rare ) . I never seen it but they had to tie it to the side of a 24 ft boat to get it back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.