Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
ORM-D
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like the title says.  I'm looking for some help on picking out a set of binoculars for the range.  I only really  shoot out to 100 yards so anything that would get me to see the target clear enough at that distance would be fine.  I don't need the clearest lenses in the world just something clear enough to see where the shots landed.  Cost is a big factor.  Trying to keep the budget under $75.

·
Putin, the new Ceasar. Veni,Vidi, Vici!
22,005 Posts
Binoculars are a waste for the range. You can get a spotting scope for that money. It won't be the best, but its better for the range. Alternately you can always mount a spare scope on a tripod.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
get a spotting scope with a tripod you will fine it a lot easy
you can get them at any gun shop or dicks and sportauthority
Papabear

·
ORM-D
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.  Any recommendations for cheap spotting scope?

·
Sharp Shooter!
1,594 Posts
Just got this for my GF she shoots .22 at 100 yards was elivered the other day looks great

BK-SS-AD10786 Barska 8-24x58mm Bench Mark DFS Waterproof Spotting Scope AD10786

got it from opticsplanet.com

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
I have a Bushnell got it about 10 years ago picked up a tripod from a garage sale for $5 and still works excellent I use it at 50 and 100 yards
papabear

·
Sharp Shooter!
482 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I am looking for something reasonable as well for 100-200yds... any suggestions for magnification at that distance? Obviously I dont need a top of the line spotting scope, but I would like to find something that is reliable and affordable (giving out x-mas ideas now hehe)

·
Registered
856 Posts
Lee442 said:
Try Optics Planet, they have a variety of scopes, got my NcStar from there. http://www.opticsplanet.com/
Excellent site...bought my spotting scope there and some holsters too.

·
Registered
856 Posts

·
ORM-D
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Decided on the Barska that DoctorPC had recommended.  Cheapest scope with the best reviews.  Also I found a 5% off total order coupon (Coupon code = opiv5of)

·
Registered
23 Posts
My suggestion would be to forget the spotting scope because the cheap ones are garbage. Get yourself a pair of Canon 10x30 IS (image stabilized) binoculars that work FANTASTIC and will eliminate all shaking while viewing with a built-in gyroscope. The BIG advantage to the Binoc's is that they are go anywhere - good for any sport - not just shooting. Had a set for 10 + years now and I have sold my set of Zeiss, Minolta's, and Nikon's. IMHO these IS Binoc's are the NUTZ!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts