Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,465 Posts
Well the trusty 747(vc-25) will soon be replaced by the much bigger 747-8I .

Talk about have bigger government or are they planning on haven to carry all of Trump hair products when he winns.

·
Now an Ex NYer
24,976 Posts
their egos can no longer fit inside the plane.
Plus they need more room for their larger crowd of sycophants and other hangers-on

·
Uh-oh...
12,517 Posts
The 747-200 that the current Air Force One is based on is old enough that there are almost none left in passenger service. Maybe some third world countries, and a few freighters, but that's it. Boeing no longer supports them. It's time to upgrade.

The 747-8 is faster, quieter, has noticeably longer range, and has no flight engineer. Better in almost every respect.

·
Banned
3,178 Posts
The 747-200 that the current Air Force One is based on is old enough that there are almost none left in passenger service. Maybe some third world countries, and a few freighters, but that's it. Boeing no longer supports them. It's time to upgrade.

The 747-8 is faster, quieter, has noticeably longer range, and has no flight engineer. Better in almost every respect.
We all know it's got the body of a 747-200 but in no way is it actually a 747-200

·
Registered
15,344 Posts
I was actually living in Wichita at the time they were building and test flying the current Air Force One. It was only in green primer and they referred to it as the flying pickle.

·
Premium Member
4,060 Posts
would be cheaper to just turn the mattress over than replace the whole plane.

but that was most likely done already by the Bush admin after Clinton.

so i should say it would be cheaper to replace the whole mattress than the whole plane or just ban interns from flying Air Force One

·
INFIDEL
7,237 Posts
The truth is the 747-8 is equipped with a mini golf course. ....no other reason....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.