Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
SpeakSoftlyNY
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something more than the local pep boys or autozone - Suffolk county any such place still around or has everything gone Internet. Thanks

SpeakSoftlyNY

·
Registered
295 Posts
The Truck Shop in Sayville....but even they can't stock too much since there's way too many parts for way too many trucks....

Internet is best

·
Registered
11,590 Posts
There's a place in Holbrook? or was it Ronkonkoma? oh crap - one of my tenants takes his bronco there... I'll ask him the name/number.

Reactions: SpeakSoftly

·
Premium Member
3,568 Posts
there used to be a place on 110 in farmingdale...south of republic near the movie theatre. not sure if they are still there.
That was ATV.....long gone

RMS off-road may stock some parts, depends what you're looking for. The truck shop in say vile may stock as well, but you're not going to find much.

What are you looking for

·
SpeakSoftlyNY
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well if you are looking for oil filters, everybody has them.

If you are looking for a lift kit, that's another story.

Perhaps some info would help.
Large Fender Flares- that's what. I'm looking for 3.5"-4" width.

I've got some rust on my P/U quarters panels at the 1 o'clock to 2 o'clock curve of each wheel well in my '06 150. A quick cut out and cover up will do the trick without costing an arm and a leg.

So far, the Internet has been less than complete in sharing width info for any of the ones I've looked at and I'm sure I haven't exhausted the thousands of sites carrying them. Follow up calls and emails reflect most at under 3".

Thanks all!

SpeakSoftlyNY

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Friend of mine works in a body shop and does a ton of fairly new truck beds for the same problem. Lot of Ford F250s. Seems like the big 3 thought it was a good idea to spray foam between the inner and outer bed panels to cut down vibration. Trouble is water gets in the foam and it acts like a sponge so the wheel openings rot. Friggin morons.

·
Banned
3,178 Posts
Something more than the local pep boys or autozone - Suffolk county any such place still around or has everything gone Internet. Thanks

SpeakSoftlyNY
You could check out goonies garage in ronkonkoma.. Don't think they stick to much but can do anything off-road related.. They specialize in jeeps but I see them do pickups all the time

·
Registered
134 Posts
Best bet is to browse some of the truck forums for your model and see what others recommend. Everything is available online, and none of the local places left stock anything when it's a phone call away. I've used Bushwacker in the past on older chevies, and they offered a few options from small 1" up to full cut out size.

·
Sockdolager
834 Posts
Reactions: SpeakSoftly
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.