Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a search didn't really find anything. What is the best local store that has a good selection of 1911's?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Gun Broker, take your pick, have it sent to and pick it up from Jerry in bohemia (just personal preference for convenience) that's how I bought all my pistols aside from my glock that I picked up from Campsite in huntington (the only LGS i'll go to)

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, I'll head to Campstie first since I live in Suffolk and that Yaphank shuffle would be long haul. From Nassau to Suffolk.

·
Registered
12,346 Posts
Campsite,South Shore Sportsman, Coliseum. Best selection was Coliseum. Gander Mountain in Middletown also was stocked with many different 1911s. Best Kimber selection was Fernwood firearms in Hankins on route 97 by Pennsylvania. Nice selection of other brands of 1911 pistols, Sig Sauer makes a nice pistol.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Take your time in your search...look thru different forums and advertisements. When I was searching for 1911 I came across G21 in Ma. that the Owner offered with 4 mags, nite sites, SS competition barrel, and laser for three hundred, scooped up immediately. And then I came across a great deal on 1911 from a forum member and obtained 2 good pistols for less then I was going to spend on 1 new pistol. Yes they're both used, but I've had fun shooting both for years. You never know. Good luck.

Reactions: li_shoot

·
Sharp Shooter!
386 Posts
If you want the email for the gun i purchased mine from, message me and i will give it to you.
My .308 savage B110 with a vortex scope came to $1700. everywhere else that i see it, is for 22-2300 or more.
So it wasn't a small savings, it was pretty substantial.

Nazz315430

ps
he's in Oklahoma.

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I bought one from Kentucky Gun Company, waiting for me at the FFL. I'm going to check out DSI for a Glock 17. Look at the CZ 74 SP01 while I'm there.

Reactions: John060404

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
CGT. Also South Shore.

If you are looking for a series 70 gold cup, Randy over at Michael Britt's in mineola had a nice clean used one at what I thought was a fair price. Almost bought it but then self restraint kicked in.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.