Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Sharp Shooter!
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to bensons on monday with my friend to both purchase a pistol . my friend purchased a g19 gen 4 i was looking at the baretta fs92 blued i really wanted the stainless , so he said no problem id have it in two days !!! thrilled i left a hefty deposit and left ! yesterday i called spoke to owner who told me " the gun will be here this evening and i will be going to do the cobis on it tomorrow morning so come pick it up around noon " !! so today i put many other things aside and made my way over there around 3 pm ! When i arrived i waited about 10 min before i was even looked at !! i placed my recept and my purchase order on counter and proceeded to tell the tool!!! behind the counter what i was there for ,and after about 15 minutes he came out and said you can look at it but it hasent been through cobis yet , puzzled i said i was told i could pick it up today !! he proceeded to talk down to me and explain cobis to me like i was some moron . I immediatly stopped him and said i know that i was told to pick it up today ! with a dirty look and nasty attitude the guy said "it wont be done till at least monday if you want your deposti back thats fine " i said whatever and walked out of the store !!! I was over in ronkonkoma and stopped into chesters he has the gun in the case for 20 bucks cheaper and a lot less attitude , do i go get my money back or wait till monday ?

·
Registered
9,630 Posts
I would say you would be better off taking back your deposit. This will not end well if you should actually have a issue with the item after the sale and they have your hard earned money.   Chesters usually will be competitive and you will be dealing with the owner. Dont wait RUN !!!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Buy it from chesters. You'll feel a lot better getting your deposit back from them after that. I bought the stainless 92fs from chesters a while back. Some people on here may not like him, but I haven't had any problems with him.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Make a purchase at a location that you are comfortable with, knowing you may need to return for warranty purposes, etc.

Again, it's your money.

·
Banned
6,303 Posts
pete480 said:
Buy it from chesters. You'll feel a lot better getting your deposit back from them after that. I bought the stainless 92fs from chesters a while back. Some people on here may not like him, but I haven't had any problems with him.
+1

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
OOOOHHH.. A Benson's bashing thread?? I've never seen one of those before!!! :shootme

but count me in. I've spent between 1-2 grand there in the last year and they STILL gave me the "you're lucky we do business with you"
look every time I went in there.

I've never been to Chester's but they get the good word around here.
Myself, I drive the 45 min from Port Jeff to Huntington to CAMPSITE (Bensons is a 10 minute drive)..they are awesome. They are gonna get my business when I go pistol shopping this weekend!

Benson's can eat me :booty

Too bad I made proximity my first choice... live and learn.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
tonythelip said:
Bad Bensons whaaaaaaa,!,,,,, :mad: :'( :'( :'( :'( another cry baby thread.
No one crying buddy. Just sharing our experiences. If a restaurant repeatedly gave customers e. coli, you wouldn't mind if someone let you know before you crapped your pants, right?

Oh yea, this is for you too.. :booty ;D

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I don't know who you spoke with, I've personally purchase 3 guns from Joe at Benson's, he's always be nice and I have never had any problems.
Maybe its best to speak with someone else, but as others had said, its your money and if you don't feel like your getting the service you deserve you should shop elsewhere.

·
Mr. ¼ MOA
3,104 Posts
I've locally dealt with Chesters, Bensons, American Sports, Glen Cove Sports and Guns & Ammo.

I've never really had any problems with any of them. It's probably because I'm mild
tempered and if I don't like something I simply wish them the best on move on. In any
situation you can always diplomatically resolve problems to get what you want. If you
expect disappointment then it won't seem so bad when it happens.

Knowing how to get the best out of everyone for what they are and capable of is how you
get what you want. If you don't like a deal, then walk away learning something new. No
sense making yourself upset over it... think forward.

The guy that owns Guns & Ammo on Sunrise is very knowledgeable, he doesn't waste time
with newbies. So don't go there with questions, know what you want and be ready to pay
for it. He'll tell you like it is even if you don't like it... but respect it.

Chester's an all around nice guy. He'll chat with ya, he'll answer your questions, he's the
guy you want to hunt with and down a few beers afterwards. However, it doesn't mean that
he knows it all... when in fact I know he can be quite bias on certain brands and ammo.
He knows what he knows by his own experiences, ask him for anything exotic... he won't
know much about it but at least he's honest about it.

American Sports will work hard for you too, get what you need and as fast as possible.
They have a good relationship with many distributors and can get things pretty fast.

Glen Cove Sports is a small shop that I visit from time to time, he's nothing really
special in any way... but he's does have some ties to great used pre-ban firearms
and 50BMGs.

And now to Bensons. I happen to like Bensons because he has a good selection of
many types of firearms and he can get exotics for me too. There is one guy there
that isn't so swift who like to carry his sidearm and tell stories... I avoid him and
personally I think he might have a slight mental disability. The woman there is nice
but she knows nothing - you point, she hands you the gun. The other guys Joe and
Ron are the ones I deal with mostly.

I just picked up a Savage 110 BA .300 Win Mag for my fiance from Bensons last
night. I was eyeing the the Sako TRG 42 but it's about double the price for the
configuration I want. I will be teaching her to shoot longer distances without having
to go into an expensive .338 Lapua - my favorite devil. (Oh, let's not forget the
.408 CheyTac)

Sorry for the long talk, but I guess what I'm getting at is know how to get what you
want by being resourcefully smart.

Be happy and happy shooting.

Peace,
GH-07

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Yeah... I've always had pleasant experiences at Benson's, but I haven't dealt with all of them.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Lets not forget Suffolk Sportsmen in Smithtown. Allen is great and very honest about what has, can and cant get in real time. Chester and Campsite are great shops too, I drop cash in all three

·
Sharp Shooter!
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mafia Al said:
I don't know who you spoke with, I've personally purchase 3 guns from Joe at Benson's, he's always be nice and I have never had any problems.
Maybe its best to speak with someone else, but as others had said, its your money and if you don't feel like your getting the service you deserve you should shop elsewhere.
i have also purchased a few guns from bensons myself , and i have never had any issues !! i own a busness and the way i look at it is THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT !!! and they did nothing to make me feel ok about maintaining a relationship or being a repeat customer

1 - 20 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.