Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's in the rumor mill, it would be nice for them to have more space. Good for them, hope it comes about.:thumbsup

·
115:5
4,036 Posts
If they'd sell some of those poorly priced dust collectors, they'd have a whole lot more space! 8)

(long time fondler of those dust collectors who won't pay twice the going rate. :B )

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I have purchased two 9mm semi auto's from Bensons over the past year.

One was priced decently, the other was a real bargain. I've seen it sold on Gunbroker.com for up to $200 more than I paid for it (and that's not including the extra for shipping & ffl transfer fees).

I think it just comes down to shopping around. Sure, some of their guns are way out of line, but not all of them. It just pays to shop around.

·
115:5
4,036 Posts
I'm talking about the older rifles, a few in particular that they obviously have no idea what they're really worth, especially in their current condition.

I've bought a handful of rifles and pistols from Bensons over the years.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Maybe they want to stock more stuff to increase sales, you know, someone holds it in their hands and says "I'll take it", but when they look at it in the catalog they go "ehh, maybe" when asked if they'd like to order it. That might help reduce the pricing a bit, some of the stuff they have is a pretty good deal, but some other things are way overpriced, like that $240 Nagant revolver, lol. I bought my Savage 64 from Bensons, might have been slightly cheaper to buy it from Dicks or Walmart, but I'm happy with the price, it was below MSRP. Also the store is kinda old and musty, lol. Someplace nice and new might do better, people tend to shop more freely in clean, bright, roomy stores than in cramped, dull, old buildings, they would probably improve sales with a bigger, newer store.

·
SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee
6,835 Posts
slowryder said:
It's in the rumor mill, it would be nice for them to have more space. Good for them, hope it comes about.:thumbsup
Folks:
It's definite and they're moving only down the block, a few hundred feet to the West of where they are now. The new store will be about twice the size of the current.
Gary

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just passed that area the other day and they are moving into the shopping center where the Christian store used to be. Maybe 200 feet down the road from their original location. The sign is up and they are taking half of the building. A bad economy looks like it has been a blessing to Benson's.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Went to the new place today. Next to old sixth precinct in Coram
They are still setting up. They only moved in Saturday.
Really nice place. BIG. Lots of stock.
Very helpful folks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.