1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Borders, Language, Culture
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
15,344 Posts
Too late ....... where was Carson 8 years ago and why was he keeping this gem of wisdom to himself?

·
Banned
11,831 Posts
He's free to say what he wants and I agree with him.
But.... What's the point of Carson's statement?
- No moslem is running for the office.
- Carson admitted he voted for oblamer in 2008

It seems like an odd comment. Is Carson just trying to get attention?
My opinion, we should not elect anyone who refuses to connect terrorism to islam and Saudi Arabia in particular.

·
Premium Member
6,792 Posts
While I dont agree that we should bar people from being president based on their religion, I do agree that someone who identifies as a "Muslim" should never be allowed to be a president. I actually feel this way for anyone who identifies as anything other than a human being or an American. If you are black, white, female, gay, Mexican, Puerto Rican, Catholic, Jewish, or Muslim before you are a man, woman, or American, you are not fit lead anything on a national level. When you grow up and remove that chip from your shoulder, only then should you be allowed to play with the big boys.

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Islam is not simply another "religion". It is an entire political system masquerading as a religion. Yes, Islam does have a religious component. But it also has a legal system of Sharia, a barbaric legal system that is the antithesis of the legal systems that protect human rights in the western world. The Hadith and the Sunnah are the collections of the reports that purport to quote what the Islamic prophet Muhammad said verbatim on any matter. . A broader source including the deeds of Muhammad and reports about his companions is known as the Sunnah. Mohammed was no kindly gent. He and then his followers promoted his "religion" by the sword rather than intellectual "conversion". Muslim invaders were finally driven out of western Europe in 1492 by King Ferdinand of Portugal (yes the same as with Queen Isabella).

Mohammed did not name a successor and the resulting "Sunni" & "Shia" split has had Muslims murdering each other (when they are not slaying infidels) for the past 1400 yeals. The radical Salafi movement which ISIS promotes considers itself as the purest form of Islam. Do I want an Islamic president?? I don't think so....at least not a religious one!

"The Democratic system that is predominant in the world is not a suitable system for the peoples of our region... The system of free elections is not suitable to our country" -King Fahd of Saudi Arabia

"According to their (Islamic) doctrine, whatever is stolen or plundered from others of a different faith is properly taken, and the theft is no crime; whilst those who suffer death or injury by the hands of Christians, are considered as martyrs. If, therefore, they were not prohibited and restrained by the powers who now govern them, they would commit many outrages. These principles are common to all Saracens" -Marco Polo in Travels of Marco Polo p.63

"[Islam is] a destructive, nihilistic cult of death." -Ayaan Hirsi Ali, author "Infidel"

·
Borders, Language, Culture
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Too late ....... where was Carson 8 years ago and why was he keeping this gem of wisdom to himself?
Still, it's a bit refreshing when we have a slate of candidates that are not PC. It's a nice change from Romney & McCain (who I didn't vote for, btw).

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
He's free to say what he wants and I agree with him.
But.... What's the point of Carson's statement?
- No moslem is running for the office.
- Carson admitted he voted for oblamer in 2008

It seems like an odd comment. Is Carson just trying to get attention?
My opinion, we should not elect anyone who refuses to connect terrorism to islam and Saudi Arabia in particular.
I believe he was asked the question and he answered it correctly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.