Long Island Shooters Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Hey guys, I'm trying to find out what the dimensions are of the Suffolk country Beach permit (outer Beach/4x4)... I'm fabricating a perminantly mounted bracket for it b/c I refuse to put a sticker on my paint! Thanks

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
7" wide x 4" high. Make sure it is a perminent bracket. They now walk out to your truck and watch you put the sticker on. I have always mounted a vanity plate above my regular plate and put the sticker there. This year they said that's no good. I had to put it on the bumper, which I didn't want to do.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
yeah must be attached to truck for good so you can not swap them from truck to truck, you know because writing the lisc plate # on the permit with a sharpie is way to hard to see if plate matches sticker, how about just punishing the jackwads who are swapping them out and really it has to be attached in front of an county employee ?? what if the truck is dirty, raining personally I want to go in a down pour and take my sweet butt time putting it on the truck only problem is its the low guy on the pole being punished making them stand in the rain not the ones who thought this was the ONLY option,

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
same deal with beach and boat trailer permits at the Town of Oyster Bay. One sheethead ruins things for every hundred people.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I really don't get why it's not just a window sticker. Would make things 1000x easier. The state permit index card may be even worse - very easy to blow away in the wind on the beach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Wait they make you put a sticker on the truck now? No more paper/cardboard permit they hand you (i missed the deadline for it this past Friday)

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm referring to the Suffolk county outer Beach permit; you may be thinking of NYS's permit

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
That looks awesome. I had to put it on my bumper. I wasn't aware of the new stupidness when I went to get my permit. Women that helped me mention they caught a bunch of people pulling onto the beach In a row with the same permit number. Its ridiculous that stupid people continually screw things up for everybody. Not just with the beach permits but just about everything.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Can someone send me a picture or know specifically what fitting they have set up for air hoses at the county parks?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Use a "Sticker Shield". Easily removed from glass with no residue.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts