Long Island Shooters Forum banner

Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New York State Beach fishing Permit Info

You must have fishing pole and tackle, shovel, tow chain or rope, a working jack with support board, tire gauge and approved tires, appropriate spare tire and a trash bag. You may not need the aforementioned equipment when applying for some permits, but they will revoke this permit if you are caught on the beach without it!​
NY State Permits
Empire Pass: $59 and if you purchase a second Empire pass it is $50 for the 2nd one. This does not allow you beach access and is not a substitute for the fishing permit.​
Surf Fishing Permits​
Available till April 30 and then again after Labor Day!​
Available 7 Days per week at:
  • Robert Moses Park
  • Montauk Downs
State Park Headquarters at Belmont State Park during business hours
  • Call 631-669-1000 with questions

Caumsett: $30...
Camp Hero: $25
7-Day Fishing: $15 (starts the day you purchase)

    • Fee: $20
    • This allows you to 24 hour parking in a State Park
    • fish undisturbed.

4X4's & Beach Vehicles:
Fee $49. This permit allows you beach access for your vehicle.
Car Parking Only:
  • Jones Beach: Field 6, Field 10, West End II.
  • Captree: Main field and Overlook
  • Sunken Meadow: Field 1 or Field 3 In Field 3 it's April 1 - Memorial Day & Sept. 15 to Dec.15
  • Wildwood Park. Year Round
  • Robert Moses: Field 2: April 2 to Dec.31 & Field 4: mid-Sept. to mid-Dec.

Beach Access of 4X4's & Cars:
Hither Hills: Except July & August for 4X4's.

  • Montauk Point & Napeague: 24 hours daily.

  • Democrat Point: 24 hour access. 4X4 only!

Federal Permits:
Fire Island National Seashore (FINS):
  • Fee: $50
  • Permit Season Now Only: Sept. 15-Dec. 31st.
  • Stretch of beach between Smith Point and Long Cove
  • Must watch a 5-minute film on proper beach etiquette & regulations.
  • This permit is strictly for fishing
  • Must have the capability of surf fishing with equipment when on the beach.
  • FINS is the 7 mile stretch of beach west of Smith Point to Long Cove
  • Call 631-281-3010
  • http://www.nps.gov/fiis

Gateway National Recreation area
Gateway -The National Park service
The National Park service Gateway NRA is a 26,000 acre recreation area located in the heart of the New York metropolitan area. The park extends through three New York City boroughs and into northern New Jersey. ENTRANCE FEES Parking Fee Details GATEWAY HAS NO ENTRANCE FEES. However, Beach Parking Fees are charged at Sandy Hook and Jacob Riis Park during the summer. Annual passes are available for Sandy Hook. ACTIVITY FEES Fishing Permit Fees $50 - Annual (recently raised) Details There are fees for parking in fishing lots at all Gateway sites. Permits are available at Gateway Visitor Centers/Ranger Stations. Public Affairs Office (718) 354-4606 Jamaica Bay Unit (718) 338-3799 (718) 354-4500 Staten Island Unit Sandy Hook Unit (732) 872-5970 You can Also purchase a yearly National parkpass for $50. that allows you access to any National park that requires an entry fee. You can purchase one online at their web site.
Great Kills Fort Staten island
Fort Wadsworth Staten island
Jamaica Bay Unit
Breezy Point:
You can also fish sandy Hook new Jersey with this permit
Fee: $50
  • Cash, Check or money order ONLY!!
  • Available 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. seven (7) days a week.
  • Must have valid license and registration for car or 4x4 vehicle.
  • Come to building One at Ft. Tilden and you must bring your fishing equipment plus equipment listed at top of this page if applying for a 4X4 beach driving permit.
  • Equipment must consist of at least a 7-foot pole and if applying for a 4x4 operation permit,
  • Required to watch 12 minute video on piping plover and beach regulations.
  • At least 50% of persons over age 12 years must be actively fishing.
  • Rockaway side of the Marine Parkway Bridge to Ft Tilden, make a left, go to stop sign, make a left and building is on your right.
  • Call 718-318-4300.

Nassau County Permits
Silver Point:

Residents or non-residents.
  • 24 Hour access.
  • Cost $10.
  • Must sit for photo ID.
  • Available mid-September & good till May 1st.
  • No vans or pick up trucks, no fires on beach.
  • Wait for the guard at gate and each person in the car must possess a pass.
  • Call 516-239-4500.

Nassau Beach:
  • Cost is $25.
  • Nassau County residents only.
  • Memorial Day to Labor Day
  • Hours are 6 p.m. to 8 am.
  • From Labor Day on it is 24 hrs.
  • Call: 516-571-7700
Oyster Bay Township**
  • **Now only for Town of Oyster Bay residents!!
  • The permit allows you to fish Beekman Beach, Centre Island, Ransom Beach, Stelhi, Tappen, Teddy Roosevelt Beach on the North Shore
  • You Show them your car registration
  • Department of Parks
  • 977 Hicksville Road
  • Massapequa, N.Y. 11758,
  • 516-797-4110
  • 516-797-4129

Gives FREE beach permits and Green Keys to service connected disabled veterans who are Suffolk County residents and the only thing they require is your VA card and your vehicle registration.--Ross Goldberg
Suffolk County Parks Outer Beach Stickers & Green Keys
May be Purchased from West Sayville Golf Course Mon. - Fri.
or Smith Point County Park every day
Smith Point, Cupsogue, Shinnecock, Cedar Point (E. Hampton) & Theodore Roosevelt County Park (formerly Shagwong)
Resident Outer Beach Sticker $75.00
Resident Green Key $20.00 valid for 3 yrs
Non-resident Outer Beach $200.00
Non-resident Green Key $8.00 (valid for 1 yr.)
Non-resident 1/2 yr. Green Key $8.00
Non-resident 1/2 yr. Outer Beach $75.00
(1/2 year valid from Sept. 16 to Dec.31)
Green Key Access $20, good for 3 years and outer beach 4X4 permit for $75 per calendar year with NO day use fee any more. A resident fall permit is $37.50. Sr. citizen and handicapped discounts on yearly. NON-Resident: $200 permit per year. After Sept. 16th, the tourist (non-resident) fall permit fee is $75. They have day passes at $25 for resident and $35 for NON-residents between Memorial & Labor days. Call main office at 631-854-4949.
Smith Point County Station- 631-852-1315
Residents Only
  • Permit can be purchased at the Town Clerks Office
    200 Sunrise Hwy. N. Lindenhurst
  • Need two proof residency including NY Driver's License.
  • Registration and passport size color photo of the registration owner.
  • Permit Fee is $40.00
  • Call 631-957-300

Permit purchased at Town Hall Trustees Office, Hampton Rd., South Hampton
  • $10.00 (Resident)
  • $5.00 (Senior Citizen)
  • Call 631-287-5717

  • Permit can be purchased at Recreation Dept., Toilsome La., East Hampton
  • Free for Residents
  • $200.00 for Non-Resident
  • Contact 631-324-4142
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Not open for further replies.