Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think about BCG - which one of these would be best for a jack of all trades, mid range AR?

Should I get a Young Manufacturing BCG or one that's coated in one of those slick ion bonded or similar coatings?

Actual experience always welcome

·
Registered
145 Posts
From my gathered experiences and trusted info collected from others, these are some great BCG manufacturers:

BCM (Bravo Company USA)
Daniel Defense
Larue
Rainier Arms
Noveske

Popular mentions include LMT and Colt but I haven't used them. Honestly most BCG's are good.

PS: Nib BCG's look cool, and they may be slightly easier to clean, but I wouldn't pay a copious amount for one. It's a preference thing. I might pick one up, but I expect the shine to wear off within a few hundred rounds.

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
AIM Surplus BCG's are good for the money. Local shop DSI makes some good quality ones too as well.

Reactions: blwn89gt

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
My Colt is coming up on 30 years with many thousands of rounds fired and still has its original BCG which looks and works great. It doesn't take more than 10 minutes to disassemble, clean, lube and reassemble. As stated I also wouldn't pay a premium for fancy coatings, I'd just make sure it's a respected company who makes quality parts. That's my take.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Couple of thoughts...just happened to check yesterday and RRA had a COMPLETE BCG for 87 bucks. How could you go wrong to toss that in the kit bag? Also check out Sharps Rifle Company.... http://srcarms.com/

·
Banned
19,459 Posts
NIB bolt carriers should run you only $15-20 more than their nitride counterparts, and $30 more than the ultracheap phosphate BCG's which should be avoided because they have minimal corrosion resistance and are usually barely within tolerance. They (industrial coaters) are coming out with synthetic diamond now (tetrahedral carbon) which has not made it to the firearms industry yet but I suspect in 5 years you'll be able to get that. It's a new technology that provides complete corrosion protection, an unbelievably hard surface, and almost no friction- you heard it here on LIF first.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.