Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Ban Metrosexuals? Ban Man Purses?

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2015/08/21/passenger-tasered-and-kicked-off-flight-over-man-bag-argument/?intcmp=ob_article_footer_text&intcmp=obinsite

Passenger Tasered and kicked off flight over man bag argument

A passenger has been Tasered and kicked off a plane following a luggage dispute.

Staff from budget airline EasyJet called the police to London's Gatwick Airport to deal with the man who had allegedly became irate after refusing to part with his man bag.

The man bag had tipped him over the limit of allowable luggage items on-board, but when called out over it he allegedly became aggressive and refused to part with it.

"Total chaos broke out when the man became confrontational," a witness told the Belfast Telegraph.

"When the police came on board and Tasered him there were children crying and a lot of panic among passengers."

Other passengers took to social media to share their disbelief.

Sussex Police spokesman told the Belfast Telegraph: "A man is in police custody after being Tasered on an aircraft waiting to depart from Gatwick Airport to Belfast on Thursday morning.

"Police officers were called to the easyJet flight shortly after 8am to reports of a passenger who was becoming increasingly abusive following a dispute over luggage. A man has been arrested on suspicion of breach of the peace.

"The aircraft has been disembarked and police are taking statements from witnesses among the crew and passengers."

An EasyJet spokeswoman confirmed the incident and said such behavior is not acceptable.

"EasyJet's cabin crew are highly trained to assess and evaluate all situations and to act quickly and appropriately to ensure that the safety of the flight and other passengers is not compromised at any time.

"Whilst such incidents are rare we take them very seriously, do not tolerate abusive or threatening behavior on board and always push for prosecution."

The flight, to Belfast International Airport, was delayed by almost three hours.

·
Winter is coming
3,527 Posts
"When the police came on board and Tasered him there were children crying and a lot of panic among passengers."

Panic? Because the police were there? Really?
What's wrong with sitting in your seat and enjoying the show?
I remember what that feels like, it's ALWAYS entertaining when the human bug zapper lights up. (On someone else that is)

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts

Panic? Because the police were there? Really?
What's wrong with sitting in your seat and enjoying the show?
I remember what that feels like, it's ALWAYS entertaining when the human bug zapper lights up. (On someone else that is)
Try it with a mouthful of water...instant fountain, kinda funny.

·
Member of the secret Canadian Mafia
5,770 Posts
This is the only acceptable man-purse... Carried only to and from the range.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
I know several kids from Belfast and I'm pretty sure they were crying because they didn't get to Tazer him themselves.

Reactions: Aquabach

·
Runs with scissors
1,754 Posts
The amount of luggage passengers are allowed to drag onboard is excessive and absurd.
I would agree with you, except the airlines started charging for checked luggage, and at $25/bag, I will cram all my stuff in a carry-on plus my purse. Those are their rules. What makes me mad is that most airlines will check in any carry on luggage for free if it cannot fit in the cabin.
As for this guy, be aggressive and behave like an animal, you deserve to be treated accordingly. Do not cause drama, be calm, and you will not have electricity streaming through your body. As for the kids crying, well, I feel like crying every time I have to fly anyways.

·
Banned
11,831 Posts
I would agree with you, except the airlines started charging for checked luggage, and at $25/bag, I will cram all my stuff in a carry-on plus my purse. Those are their rules. What makes me mad is that most airlines will check in any carry on luggage for free if it cannot fit in the cabin.
As for this guy, be aggressive and behave like an animal, you deserve to be treated accordingly. Do not cause drama, be calm, and you will not have electricity streaming through your body. As for the kids crying, well, I feel like crying every time I have to fly anyways.
It used to cost a lot more to fly. Now there's all sorts of deals, travel miles etc. In the grand scheme of things the baggage charges are just the airlines' way of staying in business.
http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2013/02/how-airline-ticket-prices-fell-50-in-30-years-and-why-nobody-noticed/273506/

·
INFIDEL
7,237 Posts
I remember those little bags that would go around your waist that everyone carried their pistol in......like somebody was fooled..lol

·
Winter is coming
3,527 Posts
Try it with a mouthful of water...instant fountain, kinda funny.
OOOOHHH!! What about a warm Coke? The bubble explosion would blow yer honker clean off!
Thanks, but no thanks. Had my turn in the barrel.

·
Putin, the new Ceasar. Veni,Vidi, Vici!
21,922 Posts
EasyJet has stupid PITA rules: On a flight from Rome to Milan our checked luggage was too heavy, by about 2 kilos (
). Thety wanted 69 Euro for the extra weight. So we took crap out of the checked bags and put it in our carry on. The same weight flew in the plane, but we didn't have to pay extra.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.