Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the oral surgeon getting some implants examined. One was giving me some pain. Anyway each subseqent Novocaine injection was hurting more rather than less and not dulling it. The final one felt like hot molten lead, my body twisted and I let out a loud moan. Turns out the implant had failed and the novocaine doesn't work with infections. I walked out of there in a cold sweat shaking. When I got in the elevator, I spontaneourly started bawling like a baby. The door opened and there was a couple staring at my wide eyes.....I looked at them and said...."Bad day at the dentist" There were lots of dentists in the building so I hope I didn't leave them with with their undies soiled.

Anyway, on the way back I stopped at Freeport. I had dummied up a front sight for my swiss k1911 carbine that was shoting about a foot high at 50 yards (the sights start at 300)...and bingo this was my first shot at the bullseye gong....almost dead center.

Then I went home took the B&B out of the closet and poured half a sniffer. (and I don't normally drink)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Turns out the implant had failed and the novocaine doesn't work with infections. I walked out of there in a cold sweat shaking. When I got in the elevator, I spontaneourly started bawling like a baby. The door opened and there was a couple staring at my wide eyes.....I looked at them and said...."Bad day at the dentist" There were lots of dentists in the building so I hope I didn't leave them with with their undies soiled.
Yikes, yeah, infections suck. I remember having an issue in my big toe, and after several injections it still wasn't completely numb. At that point, the podiatrist said he had just put 8cc of lidocaine into my toe. So I said, gee, I don't even think my toe is 8cc. That kind of explains why it looks all blown up now. Oh well, let's see how far you can get.

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
X-rays or it didn't happen.
no x-rays..and the wife already washed my soiled underwear....but this is more unbelievable...that it worked.

Attachments

·
Putin, the new Ceasar. Veni,Vidi, Vici!
21,922 Posts
WTF is that? Can't you just aim lower? I have to aim my K31 at the bottom of a 7 inch target at 50 and a few ticks low at 100 to hit the target. My Mauser has to be aimed at the bottom of a 12 inch target at 100 to hit dead center.

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
WTF is that? Can't you just aim lower? I have to aim my K31 at the bottom of a 7 inch target at 50 and a few ticks low at 100 to hit the target. My Mauser has to be aimed at the bottom of a 12 inch target at 100 to hit dead center.
Why aim low when you can aim dead on?
On another note, I read this in a K31 forum. I did what is said this morning and am going back to the range to test it. The screws weren't seated well when I checked them.

These K31's were fired at 300 meter Swiss ranges and used in competitions, when one shoots suddenly high now it has another reason and that is 9 out of 10 caused by a stock that is warped or fitted the wrong way.
Loosen the front band screw and the two action screws, first dead tighten the front action screw (ahead of the magazine) and second the rear screw, then tighten the front band screw and then loosen the screw half a turn, now see if she still shoots high.
When the barrel has no free play at the spot where it leaves the stock the groups shot get taller and are often forced in one direction, in your case upward.

·
Banned
2,607 Posts
where do you aim the ak47??

sorry could not help myself

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Back in the old country they call that "Stalingrad Windage"

·
Black Robe Regiment Immigration without assimilati
8,064 Posts

·
moved to greener pastures
10,824 Posts
I was at the oral surgeon getting some implants examined. One was giving me some pain. Anyway each subsequent Novocaine injection was hurting more rather than less and not dulling it. The final one felt like hot molten lead, my body twisted and I let out a loud moan. Turns out the implant had failed and the Novocaine doesn't work with infections. I walked out of there in a cold sweat shaking. When I got in the elevator, I spontaneously started bawling like a baby.
As I'm getting mentally prepared for Dr. Brian to whack in a couple implants, all I can say is............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE5VB_EY7dY

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.