Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I live in a nice Seattle WA suburban area...a senior community with a modest amount of wooded area, but certainly not back country. Most homes are on lots probably no large than 40 x 150 and we've got 300 homes. Surrounded by mostly houses in typical suburban neighborhood (think Great River but homes not quite as big).

There's a large park adjacent to the property with some forested area, not just all ballfield, and a very large sand and gravel operation about a half-mile to a mile up a big hill north of us.

It's around 6:45 pm and I'm watching Raiders vs Arizona and out of the corner of my eye I see a dog on the pathway behind our house and clearly no leash. Strange, I think, who's walking it?

But it ain't a dog...it's a full grown 40-50 pound coyote, just sort of trotting along looking rather carefree.

I say out loud (and the windows were open), "Holy Chit!" It looks up and then boom...off like not quite a shot, more like a fast trot.

Sure surprised me, although I've heard them howling from up that north hill.

It didn't look sick (rather healthy looking in fact with a nice coat) and wasn't staggering...just out for its evening stroll. Now, wonder if I have to carry when I let my pooch out to pee?

Anyway, greetings from "wild" Washington.

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do....but not usually in my backyard. Besides, when I let the dog out in the morning....I'm usually in my skivvies...not a lot of options for holster.

·
Registered
15,344 Posts
I do....but not usually in my backyard. Besides, when I let the dog out in the morning....I'm usually in my skivvies...not a lot of options for holster.
Your skivvies would be effective in scaring things off 96% of the time.....the Fully Monty will work on the remaining 4%.

Attachments

Reactions: Redcoat3340
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.