Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Gun guru (poseur)
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

I've seen B&C a couple of times at the Hauppauge show, but don't really know anything else about them. For a shop I've never heard of, they brought a lot of hardware to the show.

There's a mention of them in another thread about FFL fees. Does anyone have an opinion of them? Granted, it's unlikely that I'd drive out to Setauket ordinarily but one never knows.

·
Premium Member
5,543 Posts
I noticed that too.................It's in my town.

At the show one of his minions told me the fee was $45. I told him about us, and the potential for future business.
He said I'd have to speak to the owner, so I'll probably stop by to check it out.

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
Id love to know more. Never heard fo them. Setauket is pretty close to where I am.

·
Gun guru (poseur)
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They did seem to have some pretty milsurp.  Alas, I don't really know enough about pricing of milsurp to judge what I was seeing.

·
Banned
3,212 Posts
They were running the NICS check and doing a slow as a snail job of it. Old man must of started 20 dif conversations while I was trying to get my check done for a purchase and they charged me $25 which I guess I can't complain, Babylon show there was no charge on the purchasers end for a check....oh well just mad I had to wait an hour for a 5 min check

·
Banned
6,423 Posts
Where are they located? I work in Setauket.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I've been there a couple of times. They are right across the street from the firehouse in Setauket.

Tiny place. Nothing on display but Carl has stuff in the back that he will pull out. Seems like there is quite a bit back there buy you have to know what you want. Not a place to window shop and everything I've seen is used. He'll order anything you want, they pretty much charge the price shown in the Jerry's Sports Center catalog plus $15 shipping + $100 for FFL/CoBIS.

·
Registered
73 Posts
They suck fees to high and they think there s..t does not stink.. And they are a coin and stamp store. Thy old guy that set up Karl the owner was good,   but now Karl is GREEDY. I am one that got jamed up buy them.

·
Premium Member
5,543 Posts
gunsngolf said:
Where are they located? I work in Setauket.
Next to the Shell Station

·
Premium Member
11,504 Posts
Licorice said:
They suck fees to high and they think there s..t does not stink.. And they are a coin and stamp store. Thy old guy that set up Karl the owner was good, but now Karl is GREEDY. I am one that got jamed up buy them.
Please elaborate on" jammed up "

·
Premium Member
11,504 Posts
the army navy store in port jeff station does the ffl trans fer for 20 some one said

·
Vote 2A
1,878 Posts
Carl is a good and honest man purchased many guns from him with out a problem. He has a small shop stamps coins and guns he comes across some very nice quality pieces doesnt buy and sell garbage. He is one of the main ill say organizers of the happauge show.

·
Vote 2A
1,878 Posts
JoeyPBasically said:
They were running the NICS check and doing a slow as a snail job of it. Old man must of started 20 dif conversations while I was trying to get my check done for a purchase and they charged me $25 which I guess I can't complain, Babylon show there was no charge on the purchasers end for a check....oh well just mad I had to wait an hour for a 5 min check
You never pay for a nics check when an ffl sells you a gun only when your buying from sellers that do not hold an ffl.

·
Premium Member
5,543 Posts
I saw him at the last gun show, where he told me he charged some ridiculous number for transfers. I then told him about LIF, and the potential for increased business if he could give us a break on transfer fees. He basically blew me off......so I said F'em. I won't step foot in that place.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.