Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my pistol license not too long ago and I headed over to South Shore Sportsman last week to purchase my first handgun, a Glock 30. Having always gone to other stores when I purchased rifles and shotguns in the past, I'd figure I would give this place a shot since I have never purchased anything from them in the past. All I can say is WOW! What an amazing experience! I have never received great customer service from a gun store like this in my life. I was given a complete breakdown of the whole gun and its cleaning process with a lot of great tips. Being a 21 year old shooter who has absolutely no experience with firing pistols, Stan patiently gave me a quick lesson on proper trigger shooting for almost 20 minutes. My future purchases will definitely be from SSS from now on and I recommend anyone who hasn't been there yet to check it out.

·
Banned
17,343 Posts
morphix said:
Stan patiently gave me a quick lesson on proper trigger shooting for almost 20 minutes
QUICK LESSON ... 20 MINUTES???

Now you know why people go there.

The customer interaction and support will far outweigh the difference of a dollar or two. Which more than likely is not a price difference.

ETA seek and destroy.

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
morphix said:
I got my pistol license not too long ago and I headed over to South Shore Sportsman last week to purchase my first handgun, a Glock 30. Having always gone to other stores when I purchased rifles and shotguns in the past, I'd figure I would give this place a shot since I have never purchased anything from them in the past. All I can say is WOW! What an amazing experience! I have never received great customer service from a gun store like this in my life. I was given a complete breakdown of the whole gun and its cleaning process with a lot of great tips. Being a 21 year old shooter who has absolutely no experience with firing pistols, Stan patiently gave me a quick lesson on proper trigger shooting for almost 20 minutes. My future purchases will definitely be from SSS from now on and I recommend anyone who hasn't been there yet to check it out.

And yet no kind words for the guy who showed you the range ??? 8) 8)

·
Banned
594 Posts
morphix said:

Excellent weapon,I would highly recommend SSS.Glocks are one of the best guns on the market.If you are a .45 fan check out the .45 GAP G38.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
That's where I bought my first, nearly a year ago....Great guys, great store!!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I myself bought a new pistol today from SSS...A Ruger SR9C 9mm in two/tone with laser...as always the best experience...I think i have too many pistols and may want to thin the herd soon so keep a eye out for some amazing guns for sale

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
I've purchased 3 pistols from SSS since January. Once you step into the place they are very approachable and always take the time to answer your questions.  I always try other stores but keep going back to SSS to make my purchase.  

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm already looking to buy another pistol from there and I don't know what to get with all their choices. And I haven't even had the Glock for a week  ;D. My wallet is gonna be very busy this summer lol

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Agreed..Stan is top notch..and so is Anthony,Rocco and Mike.....But Mike M reeled me in and thats why i go there...Mike has amassed an excellent friendly gun smart crew lets all hope the DA's witch hunt goes away and these guys prosper..

·
Registered
11,575 Posts
Hank said:
Yup.......That Stan guy is Top Notch!! ;)
Hank! glad to see you're still around!.... haven't seen/heard from you since the mess...

·
Registered
26 Posts
hello to everyone, new to this site. I'll have to agree about SSS - dealt with Mike and Anthony, they're aces. Nice selection, competitive prices, family friendly - what else can one ask for?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.