Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made the drive from Port Jeff to Huntington to finally check them out.
Sean and jonathan were kind enough to hold an Arsenal Sgl 21 saiga for me without any deposit, and without me ever setting foot in the store before.
They were both generally nice, informative and were willing to show me around and answer my battery of questions. I didn't feel like they were doing me a favor by getting my business...

The gun is killer. And now I have a new gun shop.
:headbang

Smell ya later Bensons.....

·
Registered
497 Posts
Jonathan helped me immensely with my safe purchase (Browning Medallion M28), and Richard in the fly shop spent about an hour with me the other day helping me with my questions about getting back into tying my own flys. love that place!

·
Premium Member
5,543 Posts
I went there once too...........They never asked me if I needed any help, even thought I was standing by the counter.......They were more concerned with BS'n with their regulars.
Not impressed.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
CommackBoy said:
Sean and Jonothan are always great and treat you as a friend. Doug who recently left was great as well this is the only store I purchae my stuff from.
Doug was the man. He is certainly missed. If there ever was a firearm salesman with an accute sense for cutting edge products it was him.

Sean is definitely a close second for the title of "The Man" guy knows his pistols

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Don't forget the "Range Day" they are hosting again this year.
June 25th Brookhave.
Where else can you buy .50 cal ammo and shoot a BMG?

Campsite are AOK in my book for years.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Sean is awesome......has helped me out many times

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
Today I went to Campsite for the first time. What a great store! They have a terrific selection of reasonably priced firearms and ammo --and alot of other cool outdoor stuff too. The sales staff was very friendly and welcoming.

I ended up speaking with a guy named Paul who was very friendly and knowlegable to boot, and he showed me in a very unrushed manner a few pistols though I originally said i was "just looking" and not ready to buy anything other than some ammo -- which i did. (9mm at about $12 per box of 50 -- great price.) However, in the end I could not resist a Springfield 1911 45 -- put a deposit down and picking it up tomorrow.

As the title of this thread says -- i had an "Awesome CampSite experience." Now i just have to figure out how to get the 1911 into the house without my wife pistol whipping me with it. ;)

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LlGuy631 said:
Today I went to Campsite for the first time. What a great store! They have a terrific selection of reasonably priced firearms and ammo --and alot of other cool outdoor stuff too. The sales staff was very friendly and welcoming.

I ended up speaking with a guy named Paul who was very friendly and knowlegable to boot, and he showed me in a very unrushed manner a few pistols though I originally said i was "just looking" and not ready to buy anything other than some ammo -- which i did. (9mm at about $12 per box of 50 -- great price.) However, in the end I could not resist a Springfield 1911 45 -- put a deposit down and picking it up tomorrow.

As the title of this thread says -- i had an "Awesome CampSite experience." Now i just have to figure out how to get the 1911 into the house without my wife pistol whipping me with it. ;)
I dealt with Paul yesterday. He is a pleasant fellow. Also, a younger guy named James helped me out a good bit, He showed me the little differences between about 6 different 45s and all of us had a nice convo. Really, no matter who you are dealing with, Sean, Jonathan, Paul, james...they all treat you with respect and are eager for your business...but not so eager as to the point of pressure. I really enjoy my visits there.
Can't wait to pick up my Beretta Friday.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not usually one to bump my own dead thread, but I had to mention this.
I picked up my px4 45 yesterday (cobis took longer than expected).
Some other things I'd like to mention about my experience at Campsite.

Paul got me a price that was comparable to buying the gun online (like buds guns+ transfer fee). It's nice to know that someone will work with you on lowering the MSRP to make it competitive to buying online and dealing with FFL transfer hassles.

Beretta has a free holster offer online. You have to send a form, copy of bill of sale, and a copy of the 4473 form, which I didn't have. I called them today and Jon faxed me a copy of the 4473 within minutes of my request. No attitude, he was happy to do it. That is going above and beyond IMO.

I got a free hat to top it all off!

Thanks to paul and jon for making my first pistol purchase smooth as silk.

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
Toothy said:
I got a free hat to top it all off!
That's funny -- when i bought my Springfield 1911 I said to Paul "hey, don't you guys give a free Campsite hat with every every pistol purchase?" I said it just kidding around - but Paul said "sure, take one." I wonder if it has become store policy!!!

Enjoy your new pistol.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I've purchased four of my five guns from them, my last being my first AR from Rock River I've yet to shoot (I need friends with guns to drag me to the range more often), and they're nothing but awesome. It's always been a great experience. They're always happy to give me tons of info with zero pressure to buy, and I think a large part of that is because they just have a passion for guns, and it shows. I've been in plenty of other shops where the bad attitude is palpable the second you walk in there, never had that at Campsite.

·
Banned
1,332 Posts
I don't know ANYONE who had a bad experience at Campsite, myself included!

Jonathan even helped me out with propane (has to do with the bbq I have for sale).

By the way, Doug is back!!!! The line-up is:

fulltime: Doug, Jonathan, Shaun, Paul
Parttime: James, Jason and a host of others

·
Patience
1,751 Posts
To those who weren't greeted when you came in that's because they give you their 100pct attention for as long as you stand there.  People just wait and look around until their turn comes.  I've watched them work and they seem to match people up with the right equipment without overselling.  My only gripe is they should expand the gun area by taking space from the gun case area to allow rack browsing.  

·
Registered
11 Posts
Newly liscensec and just purchased 2 guns from CAMP SITE. Sean spent 3 hours with me checking out every 9, 40 and 45 they had in the place. He had a lot of useful insight .
He wrote up 2 guns for me on thursday and Friday I came in and went thru another 2 hours of checking things out. Finally made a 2 gun purchase. He was a real gentleman who never once rolled his eyes . Great people in Both fishing and Hunting, they may need to get a bigger gun counter though :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.