Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A question for the auto body gurus. I'm looking for a product called Aftalane. It removes adhesive from auto paint when cut with water. I have seen it work. I have been to Peconic ave. auto body supply they have not heard of it, and another smaller store on Portion rd, and they have not heard of it. I'm told it is also a dry cleaning agent. I don't now if it goes by any other name. Any help finding this product or another suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
That stuff is absolutely amazing. I use it to clean headliners and interiors if I get a smudge on something. It leaves no residue and no lingering odor (though it's strong when wet) Been using it for about 10 years.

·
airbrushart
5,503 Posts
I have a gallon picked up from amazon.com about a year ago. At our shop we use a rubber eraser on a rotary tool, if you use Aftalene be sure to read the tech bulletin, and use latex gloves, this and stuff Ike presol cause brain damage, cancer etc.

·
Black Robe Regiment Immigration without assimilati
8,064 Posts
Basically its dry cleaning solution and you should be able to get it at any auto parts supplier.

I've use it 1000's of times, use it in a well ventilated area and pour it on a rag not on the spot to be cleaned.

It will suck the moisture right out of your hands so rubber gloves are a good idea.

·
Banned
6,368 Posts
The valspar Aftalene and Afta (that I posted above) are the same products. Different manufacturers, but same stuff. I started using Afta while working at a dealership. Stuff is amazing. Like I said before, Afta can be had at local hardware stores.

·
moved to greener pastures
10,824 Posts
It turns out it's made by a different company under license from Valspar.

"Russack, Inc. dba Dri-Slide® North America, was established in 1993 and operates under a contract and license with the Valspar Corporation. Russack is the Master Distributor of the Dri-Slide® line of dry lubricants, the Marinecare® line of small engine products, Autocare® Fuel Injector Cleaner, Aftalene® Spot Remover and Upholstery Cleaner, and the SWACO® line of automotive aftermarket products. We serve customers in the United States, Canada, and Mexico directly, and via freight forwarders globally."

But it doesn't end there....

Russack, Inc. dba Dri-Slide® North America, was established in 1993 and operated under a contract and license as a Master Distributor of Drislide Products and other product types, with Guardsman Products through 1995, Lilly Industries through 1999 and Valspar Corporation through 2011. In December of 2011, Russack, Inc. acquired ownership of the Dri-Slide® line of dry moly lubricants and robotic grease, the Marinecare® line of small engine storage and carburetor cleaner, Autocare® Fuel Injector Cleaner and the Aftalene® Spot Remover and Upholstery Cleaner. Russack, Inc. acquired ownership of the SWACO® line of automotive aftermarket floor cleaner, in 1996. In 2013, Russack, Inc. changed the company name to Drislide N. America, Inc. We serve customers (Distributors, Dealers and direct to the end user), all across the United States. We ship Drislide Grease (non-hazardous), all across the World. We can ship the Flammable Drislide Products (hazardous), Internationally, but can only ship it, to a Freight Forwarder, of customer choice, here in the United States.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It turns out it's made by a different company under license from Valspar.

"Russack, Inc. dba Dri-Slide® North America, was established in 1993 and operates under a contract and license with the Valspar Corporation. Russack is the Master Distributor of the Dri-Slide® line of dry lubricants, the Marinecare® line of small engine products, Autocare® Fuel Injector Cleaner, Aftalene® Spot Remover and Upholstery Cleaner, and the SWACO® line of automotive aftermarket products. We serve customers in the United States, Canada, and Mexico directly, and via freight forwarders globally."

But it doesn't end there....

Russack, Inc. dba Dri-Slide® North America, was established in 1993 and operated under a contract and license as a Master Distributor of Drislide Products and other product types, with Guardsman Products through 1995, Lilly Industries through 1999 and Valspar Corporation through 2011. In December of 2011, Russack, Inc. acquired ownership of the Dri-Slide® line of dry moly lubricants and robotic grease, the Marinecare® line of small engine storage and carburetor cleaner, Autocare® Fuel Injector Cleaner and the Aftalene® Spot Remover and Upholstery Cleaner. Russack, Inc. acquired ownership of the SWACO® line of automotive aftermarket floor cleaner, in 1996. In 2013, Russack, Inc. changed the company name to Drislide N. America, Inc. We serve customers (Distributors, Dealers and direct to the end user), all across the United States. We ship Drislide Grease (non-hazardous), all across the World. We can ship the Flammable Drislide Products (hazardous), Internationally, but can only ship it, to a Freight Forwarder, of customer choice, here in the United States.
Whoa

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.