Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went past the building where American Outdoor Sports used to be on Rte 109 in Farmingdale and a sign saying we're Open was out front. Name was,
Advanced Tactical. Anyone have any idea what this is?

·
Premium Member
7,092 Posts
It is Atlantic Tactical

https://www.atlantictactical.com/suffolk_store

Q: Why did Atlantic Tactical change it's policy to only allow gun sales to Public Safety personnel?

A: Given our small volume of commercial gun sales and the high cost of liability insurance, we have decided to not renew our commercial gun dealer agreements. We will continue to do business under our Law Enforcement dealer agreements which limit sales to Public Safety personnel. This category includes Fire, EMS, Active and Retired Military with Retired Credentials, Licensed Security Officers, Judges, District Attorneys as well as Active and Retired Law Enforcement officers with Retired Credentials.

NOTE: This policy is subject to state and local firearms laws and regulations. Please know your local and state laws and regulations pertaining to purchase and ownership of firearms.

·
That Guy
11,504 Posts

·
That Guy
11,504 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My apologies. I was driving by so fast the building is shrouded in black netting but there's a sign out front, now open. I guess it's Atlantic Tactical. Law enforcement only?
It seemed odd that a gun store would be opening in this area. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
While they carry a lot of LE gear I did see anything on their website indicating they only sell to LE with respect to items that would be legal for others to purchase.

·
Premium Member
2,368 Posts
If they don’t trust me enough to legally sell me a gun (or maybe ammo?) then i don’t trust them enough to sell me anything else. It will be interesting to see what happens.

·
Premium Member
2,368 Posts
My concern is if all the insurance companies heed our Illustrious guv’s advice, no one will be selling guns to civilians any more. This could put the bug in their ears.

·
Registered
11,502 Posts
If they don't trust me enough to legally sell me a gun (or maybe ammo?) then i don't trust them enough to sell me anything else. It will be interesting to see what happens.
Many years back Charles Greenblatt sold firearms, they eventually became a Law Enforcement only dealer and sold to local police Agencies. They furnished police uniforms for Suffolk County Police agencies for town and villages. As the years went by the store was moving locations offering less inventory. One of my friends who was NCPD swore to never spend a dime because they wanted him to leave a big deposit on a pistol. That was when they sold firearms.

·
Banned
0 Posts
This appears to be the company run by John P. There is (was) a different location in an industrial park. It is not a store, at least the other location was not.

·
Problem solver... maker... solver... maker.
6,238 Posts
Guns for LE only. Ammo that is not labeled for LE only is available for civilian purchase. Gear and other merch for civilian sale as long as it is not LE only. I guess you see the pattern here.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts