Long Island Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you saw the recent 60 minutes piece on Chicago gun violence, it's obvious that microstamping is totally unnecessary. Let's just hope that the technology is not used on law-abiding firearms owners as in the Maryland case.

·
Registered
0 Posts
If you saw the recent 60 minutes piece on Chicago gun violence, it's obvious that microstamping is totally unnecessary. Let's just hope that the technology is not used on law-abiding firearms owners as in the Maryland case.
What's "gun violence"? Are a bunch of guns going off unexpectedly all by themselves?

is there some kind of spontaneous ignition or something going on all over Chicago?

I didn't hear of such a phenomenon happening.

I was under the impression they had a criminal violence problem there.

That term you used, if not used for the spontaneous ignition issue i was mentioning above, is only used by one group for one thing - the anti-2A crowd, who uses it as an inflammatory, divisive term that casts guns in an intentionally negative light.

we should not buy into that claptrap. We should not further their agenda by using words like "gun violence" when we really mean "criminal violence" and "assault weapon" (in other than a strict legal discussion of the phrase as used in the law), when we really mean "sporting rifle".

They co-opt words that push their agenda. We shouldnt be surrendering to their corruption of the language for political purposes.

But dont listen to me, as many here say I am a liberal.

·
Registered
71 Posts
What's "gun violence"? Are a bunch of guns going off unexpectedly all by themselves?

is there some kind of spontaneous ignition or something going on all over Chicago?

I didn't hear of such a phenomenon happening.

I was under the impression they had a criminal violence problem there.

That term you used, if not used for the spontaneous ignition issue i was mentioning above, is only used by one group for one thing - the anti-2A crowd, who uses it as an inflammatory, divisive term that casts guns in an intentionally negative light.

we should not buy into that claptrap. We should not further their agenda by using words like "gun violence" when we really mean "criminal violence" and "assault weapon" (in other than a strict legal discussion of the phrase as used in the law), when we really mean "sporting rifle".

They co-opt words that push their agenda. We shouldnt be surrendering to their corruption of the language for political purposes.

But dont listen to me, as many here say I am a liberal.
Duly noted. Thanks for the correction. However, that was the words used in the piece. Not my words. If you notice at the end of my post I use the word "firearm".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts