Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife just saw something on facebook about arbys refusing to serve food to an LEO. This happened in Florida. Well, I'm writing arbys off. They can go ef themselves

Reactions: mongo

·
Registered
1,182 Posts

• via Shutterstock
      A Pembroke Pines officer was denied service at a local Arby's on Tuesday night simply for being a police officer. According to the Pembroke Pines Police Department, the uniformed cop went to get some food at the Arby's located at 11755 Pines Blvd. but was told by a worker there she wouldn't be getting her order because she's a cop.

Pembroke Pines Police Department Chief Dan Giustino called the incident "unacceptable" and said he would be demanding an apology from Arby's CEO, Paul Brown.
      "I am offended and appalled that an individual within our community would treat a police officer in such a manner," Giustino said Wednesday morning.
      Pembroke Pines Police did go on to say in a statement that they regard this as an isolated incident "confined to a single individual within our city and appreciate the outpouring of support we continue to receive from the residents of Pembroke Pines."
      "We are very proud of the partnerships we have built within our city, and for an incident like this to have happened is very disappointing for everyone," Giustino added. rest of the story http://www.browardpa...g-a-cop-7226464

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
They fired the kid who did it and apologized. Even the local PD is happy.

http://www.nbcmiami....-323860901.html
I didn't see where the punk was fired.

I know people said they were going to boycott the restaurant until he was fired.
the manager needs to be looking for a new job too btw and the fruit doen't fall far from the tree. Read what the punks Mommy said

From the story

"According to an incident report, Sgt. Jennifer Martin said she was using the drive-thru when the clerk, identified as Kenneth Davenport, "seemed slightly rude and short with his responses," but she assumed there was a problem with the speaker system.
But when Sgt. Martin pulled to the window and handed her credit card to Davenport, manager Angel Mirabal approached the window.
  • "He doesn't want to serve you because you are a police officer," Mirabal told Sgt. Martin, according to the report.
Davenport had to be ordered to process Sgt. Martin's credit card and she told Mirabal she felt uncomfortable and wasn't certain she wanted to dine there, the report said.
MiMMirabal handed her the food and assured her everything was ok, the report said.

"Mirabal even laughed and said he is allowed to refuse to serve me," Sgt. Martin noted in the report.

Sgt. Martin felt uncertain of the condition of her food and decided to go inside and get a refund. She said Davenport refused to have contact with her, ignored her and refused to give her his contact information, the report said.
At Davenport's home Wednesday, his mother questioned why what her son was so bad, considering he was called in to work again earlier in the day.

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
LE really need to pay attention now where they dine while working. It's a disgusting reality we live in today. I wouldn't go to that Arby's, it's tainted as far as I'm concerned. This cancer on cops has invaded that particular franchise.
To me the manager is worse than the idiot that started the whole thing.
If i were a LEO, I'd never go there on duty.
The kid will, not may, but will, spit in the food of the next leo I'm more sure of that than I am that Hillary is a witch

·
AMF YOYO
3,598 Posts
I sure do hope nothing bad happens at that Arby's. Response time from PD might be a little bit on the long side.

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
if I were LE I would go there all the time, at shift change. A few tickets will eat up that $15/hour real quick. Get the kids while driving in and out.

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
I saw an article recently about a Chuckie Cheeses refusing to allow entry to a LEO in uniform because his sidearm might scare some parents there.

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
Chuckle Cheese?? Probably more worried because half of the patrons had outstanding warrants.
The one on Sunrise in West Islip has a sign that shows a gun and a circle w/line through it and says no guns allowed, violators will be treated as trespassers.

·
Banned
17,097 Posts
The one on Sunrise in West Islip has a sign that shows a gun and a circle w/line through it and says no guns allowed, violators will be treated as trespassers.
I'm not sure of NY law concerning those signs. TN I know those signs carry a legal obligation, it's a firearm charge. In VA you can piss on those signs, not a legal firearm issue.

We actually left our guns in the center console last time in TN because of one of those signs.

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
I thought it was going to be one of those stupid story's about not serving because the cop was armed...this one makes stupid look stupid.
Anyone don't think the burger patrol is going to be spending lots of time outside their drive through exit? Where will all the DWI' go for their 0200 beef n cheddar?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.