Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any know of a good spot on long island to buy parts for a AR 15 Build ?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Last time I was there, Camp Site had a few stripped lowers and parts kits as well as complete lowers. Not too much selection but a good place to start. They are always friendly and helpful there too. I've also gotten lowers from Hunter Sports and Chester's. I've found that other than lowers though, ordering online is the best way to go to get exactly what you are looking for.

·
MOLON LABE
3,322 Posts
Best place with the best prices to buy components for an AR build is the internet. I've built 3 and other than getting a stripped lower at a local gun store, I got all the other items on the internet, with no complaints and the best prices.

·
Registered
990 Posts
along with the 2 other stores you can also try South Shoresportsman they have a few guys there that know what they are talking about and can help with your selections. Also Have seen alot of parts at T&T in Seaford.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for all the input .if i go the internet route i need to get the lower shipped to a ffl dealer right ? who would you guys recommend?

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's fascinating to me how some states have such a shortage of weapons components from uppers to parts kits & such. Tell me is it the gun laws there that create these shortages? AR parts are so very easy to get in Texas but only to responsibe gun owners. I have a lot of experience with AR builds & if someone needs advise please feel free to ask.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Last time I was at Suffolk Sportsman in Smithtown they had Stag and SW stripped lowers and Stag uppers. I wound up buying a Stag stripped lower and Stag parts kit. Prices were not bad when you figure in shipping and FFL costs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Stag is a good name & has a lot of good items. My favorite in long guns is Noveske & handguns Sig. I have some Stag items or Uppers anyway two types in 556 & two in 6.8 but I think there all sold out. I don't know much about the Stag lpks but I'm sure the descent. I have the Armalite or had & that's a good lpk in my experience with them

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
SSS had a staf and another brand last time i was there... i picked up the rock river they had... other then that they also ordered me an A2 stock from RRA and it came in 2 days... everything else i've gotten online because i was specific about what i wanted... even THAT proved hard when it came down to finding parts...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.