Long Island Shooters Forum banner

APPLESEED: January 2015 After Action Report

14K views 111 replies 35 participants last post by  Incognito 
#1 ·
Let's talk about our Shoot here.

Photos and details to follow.....................

#4 ·
Just got home and scored my targets
200 and 206!! Tomorrow my friend I'm going to tune in and get that patch!

Congrats Joey on nailing it on the 1st? 2nd try? Wow impressive!

Great day out there today. Cold as hell but manageable thanks to the instructors keeping things moving. Thank you everyone who helped set this up and keep it safe. Rich, Scott, McFly and the others who's names evade my defrosting brain right now.

I was unsure about going to the second day but with those scores teasing me I'm getting a good night sleep and giving it everything I got tomorrow.

#5 ·
When I woke up it was 12* out. I was going to hunt today, but went back to bed instead. I thought of all those participating in today's event for a nano second before I fell back asleep covered in warm dog.

Kudos to those that braved today's weather. Tomorrow should be warmer, but also wetter... be prepared.

#6 ·
I know its not about the patch but...I loved earning the patch!

I cant say enough how amazing this program is and how it WILL make you a better shooter the very first time you sign up for one. The techniques on breathing, stance, focus, etc. made me so much better with my rifle from the very first shot. You get so much better as the day progresses and it helps you unlearn bad habits acquired over the years. Also learned alot about the Revolutionary War and the events leading up to it, pretty fascinating, learned things I never knew about it.

16 degrees when we started, BTW. Everyone who braved it and stuck it out should be proud.

Special thanks to Rich, Nick, Scott and McSon and everyone else who helped put this together and made for a safe and fun day.

+1 million to Brian/evoempire for handing me his box of Mini-Mags after I got 3 FTF's after 10 rounds with my new (post recall) box of Winchester M-22's. Shame on you Winchester.
And another +1 million to McSon/McFly for telling me about Appleseed last summer and showing me how to properly sling the rifle and telling me what a great experience Applseed was for him. It sure is.

Looking forward to tomorrow - freezing rain and all...

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
I'm still thawing out. My hand literally froze and turned blue when I was demoing the prone posisition. Took a good 20min with gloves and hand warmers to get back to its normal "freezing cold state".

Great day today. Great bunch of shooters. Thanks for coming out and dealing with the weather. Looking forward to seeing hopefully all of you tomorrow!

And btw, can we get some left handed shooters next time??

#13 ·
First day is in the books and as mentioned we have our FIRST WINTERSEED RIFLEMAN!

Congrats to Joeydiver who scored a 222 and followed it up with a 230.

Several are knocking on that Rifleman door scoring 200 to 209.

I'll get a full After Action Report up after we finish our Event.

Thanks to all the Shooters who made this WINTERSEED the success it's turning out to be.

See everyone in the Morning.

#24 ·
I have an EZ up tent if you guys need it / want it for the day... it's a little beat up, but I use it weekly. I also have the weights in case it's breezy.

Vietvet knows how to get in touch with me if you need it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.