Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

Just wondering if anyone changed out their triggers on their pistols. I'm thinking of getting the Apex trigger for my M&P but doing the job might be of a hassle. I would like to have someone that can do it for me or watch over me when I do it. By watching the videos, it looks easy but anything looks easy if you've done it a few times.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Buy the parts online and do it yourself. I did the Apex duty carry package on my shield, along wiyh installing Ameriglo pro I dot sights. Everything you need to know about doing these jobs is on you tube. Not as hard as people think.
Thats my suggestion.

·
Premium Member
7,783 Posts
Anthony at South Shore does it too.

There was a bit more to it than just a trigger, to include a different safety plunger in the slide, etc. The stock safety plunger has ridges that the trigger bar rides over to engage the safety. The new plunger is more rounded to make for a smoother action.

Reactions: vmtcmt and Blade21

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,076 Posts
I just had my M&P 9C done by Anthony at South Shore. I picked it up yesterday but haven't shot it yet. If you're a Freeport member, you're welcome to shoot mine first if you like.

(Not first as in before me, but first as in before you spend the money on your own).

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just had my M&P 9C done by Anthony at South Shore. I picked it up yesterday but haven't shot it yet. If you're a Freeport member, you're welcome to shoot mine first if you like.

(Not first as in before me, but first as in before you spend the money on your own).
Ok sure im a freeport member but not sure whens the next time ill be there. Im usually there at late hours.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I did the Sear myself on my m&p 45. Then I got new sights along with the USB. I bought a brass punch and calipers, but removing the sights myself proved futile. I took them to country gunsmith and they did good work on it. I had called Campsite, they told me $40 to change the sights. If they did the kit for $20 or $25, I would've went there.

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
I did the Sear myself on my m&p 45. Then I got new sights along with the USB. I bought a brass punch and calipers, but removing the sights myself proved futile. I took them to country gunsmith and they did good work on it. I had called Campsite, they told me $40 to change the sights. If they did the kit for $20 or $25, I would've went there.
$40 is $20 dollars in Paulese. That's how he helps us all understand how sensible that next purchase really is.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.