Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at there range today too shoot off a box with my 30-06 and something happened to it, they told me they would take care of me. I was kind of skeptical to leave it there with out checking out more information on the net.

Anyone have any expierence with them as far as a gunsmith and not a reputation as a range?

Thanks..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,881 Posts
I bin going there for years but i had no idear that any one there did gun smithing
who took the gun did you get a recite for it they might just give it to one of thee customers to work on it
did you get a phone number if you did call it and look into who's doing the work you might want to get it back and find a gun smith on your own
 

·
The Sysop
Joined
·
36,800 Posts
phumb said:
yea, thats him...I would get it back if you left it...they dont do any smithing there, they just send it out and charge you extra...dont get me started!
+1
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,947 Posts
I've use Bob Gunta of Country Gunsmiths in Bohemia
He does all his own work right there on premises, he is excellent and is reasonably priced.
His number is 631 567-1555
Doesn't accept checks or credit cards, cash only but he's worth it.
 

·
Sharp Shooter!
Joined
·
382 Posts
SteveG said:
I've use Bob Gunta of Country Gunsmiths in Bohemia
He does all his own work right there on premises, he is excellent and is reasonably priced.
His number is 631 567-1555
Doesn't accept checks or credit cards, cash only but he's worth it.
+1.
 

·
SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee
Joined
·
6,835 Posts
Bob Giunta has a good rep, although I've never had reason to use him. My smithing has been done by Benson's Gun Shop, 35J Middle Country Rd, Coram, (631) 736 0065, for the last 25+ years. Also excellent.
Gary
 

·
The Sysop
Joined
·
36,800 Posts
Take your firearm to a couple of gunsmiths to get a price from more than one.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,303 Posts
newjack said:
I was at there range today too shoot off a box with my 30-06 and something happened to it, they told me they would take care of me. I was kind of skeptical to leave it there with out checking out more information on the net.

Anyone have any expierence with them as far as a gunsmith and not a reputation as a range?

Thanks..
What happened to it??? Most things are not hard to fix yourself.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,332 Posts
I use a gentleman named Cliff Eberhard. He works out of his home, excellent smith, reasonably priced. His phone number is 1-516-721-0903. The best time to reach him is between 9AM to 12PM, since he has another job after that (second shift).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The chamber wont go back all the way it almost as if something is stuck back there. When I was shooting it it also wouldn't release the casings (semi-automatic Browning BAR) I would have to do it my self about 15 shots in. I shot 4 more shots and it wouldn't even fire, I heard the click, but it didn't fire....

That's my problem..

I will give couple of these guys a call..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,881 Posts
hmb said:
cliff eberhard didnt he have a shop in deer park ye olde gunshop or something like that?
yes he did i know him well used him for years now i use Joe in bay shore or bentwood bored line cliff is good but takes too long
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Brought it to Bob, he was a good man. He took my gun apart in minuetes and found the problem. Some how the bullet wen't behind the chamber and got stuck back there. He was a great guy and won me as a customer for life.

LISC held my gun overnight (which isn't a problem) didnt even make an attempt to look at it (the problem) and charged me 40 dollars(the bigger problem) to "diagnose" what the problem was, They also kept my 40 dollars (the biggest problem)

I wont be doing business there again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,572 Posts
newjack said:
Brought it to Bob, he was a good man. He took my gun apart in minuetes and found the problem. Some how the bullet wen't behind the chamber and got stuck back there. He was a great guy and won me as a customer for life.

LISC held my gun overnight (which isn't a problem) didnt even make an attempt to look at it (the problem) and charged me 40 dollars(the bigger problem) to "diagnose" what the problem was, They also kept my 40 dollars (the biggest problem)

I wont be doing business there again.
not at all suprised(about LISC)...thats what I was hinting at...think I posted similiar situation way back...total BS... I wouldn't of paid....
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top