Long Island Shooters Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
except it is a permit to buy
nothing you already own needs to be listed or anything you buy in the future as of now
and no I dont like or agree with it
Well, I would never. In all honesty I would never buy another handgun in NY either. I have just a few on my permit in NY and will probably reduce that too one as it leaves the state permanently. I do not care if they manage to knock out CCIA. The state is far too lefty, always has been. Communists come from New York. Much of the funding for many communist uprising came from New York including Russia's. Even gun owners in New York are a bit Pinko. I recall Mario and Son both referring to the 2nd amendment as referring to hunting, or should i say huntin (sic).

·
Registered
35 Posts
except it is a permit to buy
nothing you already own needs to be listed or anything you buy in the future as of now
and no I dont like or agree with it
You are now registered as possessing or likely possessing semi-auto rifles. We will visit your premises first when implement the confiscations. I bet they log your permit number when you purchase a rifle. Will you scan a bar code, RFID chip or just type or scribe your number onto the purchase documents. Hey I know, you just wanta hunt.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
You are now registered as possessing or likely possessing semi-auto rifles. We will visit your premises first when implement the confiscations. I bet they log your permit number when you purchase a rifle. Will you scan a bar code, RFID chip or just type or scribe your number onto the purchase documents. Hey I know, you just wanta hunt.
LOL...I get where you coming from, but no way.

First, there is no confiscation coming. They haven't even tried that in NYC, let alone Long Island. They don't even have the people to keep up with the pistol permit applications coming in, let alone taking guns from the people already out there. If they somehow were to even try, we would see that coming miles away.

Second, handguns are already registered. In for a penny, in for a pound. Adding a rifle to your pistol collection doesn't put you any more on the radar. And the more people buying guns in New York, the better--regardless of type or if they are registered.

3) All numbers are logged in every gun store in America. It gets recorded on the Form 4473 and called into NICS. Next year that information, along with the identity of EVERY gun purchased (and by whom) will be recorded and that information is subject to warrantless search by NY law enforcement. It will be reported to the the state by dealers every April and October.

4) I'm all for buying a long gun from an FFL face to face out of state and then bringing it back to NY. Similarly, buying "some" guns out of state and keeping it out of state as a strategic reserve of sorts is also a smart move. But let's not make the mistake so many people (including here on this forum) made nine years ago with the SAFE Act. "We will not comply" is all well and good, but for a New York resident, a legal registered AR-15 in New York is better than three AR-15s in Pennsylvania any day of the week and twice on Sunday!

·
Registered
20 Posts
My pistol permit that I have had for 30+ years tells them everything they want to know
Plus it would be a very bad day if someone came knocking on my door

21 - 31 of 31 Posts