Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the thread states... Im looking for Duracoat. I need to finish a project up this weekend. Let me know if anyone has seen it in any local stores or if you have some that you are willing to part with. :X
Thanks
Jake

·
#1 Grade A Super Stud
1,287 Posts
Krylon and Avore work nearly as well and are cheaper.

Brake cleaner or gun scrubber removes them, as well as duracoat, see link http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=19&t=239839

If you want to go a step above rattlecan, skip duracoat and go norells moly resin (easier to apply then ceracoat) or ceracoat.

You need Aluminum oxide blast cabinet and kiln to cure both of those. Ceracoat is kinda tricky.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
What color are you looking for I may have some (1/3 of a bottle) of Colt Gray.

I'll look.

Disregard, I found it the remaining is coagulated and unusable.
Looked on the website and it has a shelf life of 12~18 months.
Sorry.

I did some magazines in it a few yeats back

Before

After (new springs - magpul followers and floor plates on date stamped bodies, Duracoat Colt Gray finish)

and some 20 rounders too

It's a shame we in NY have to rebuild and refinish like this when the rest of the world can buy new USGI dirt cheap and in volume without issue.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Or does anyone have a little bit of extra hardener left over? mine dried up and i wanted to get this project done today

·
Registered
721 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.