Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a shotgun with no identification name or number on it, just some engraving.
Does anyone know what I have here or where to look to find out.
It is a full sized gun just tried to get a closeup.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,789 Posts

·
INFIDEL
7,237 Posts
Look carefully on the sides, My Father has one that looks almost identical, and his says PARKER.......Made in New York with a date of 1890 something, If it has a twist barrel, Damuscus barrel its not safe to shoot with modern ammo, If not, then its good to go...He shoots critters with his with light game loads......

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
I've got an attic full of these. Usually, when the company wasn't proud enough to put their name on it, there was a reason.
You can also remove the forend and slide off the barrel and look on the receiver. You might find some name marking, but I doubt it.
There are millions of these in basements all over the country. Not much value, but looks good above the fireplace.

Looks like Spanish engraving, but that's wild conjecture.

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
If it said Parker, you'd be very happy. They can have real value. There are copies of Parker, like Barker, (no kidding) so don't be fooled.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I gave a better look and still no manufacturers name but I did find a 4 digit serial number on the receiver side. Here is the whole gun, maybe someone will recognize it. Off to Google to see what I can find.

Attachments

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
Interesting.
The barrel and stock seem to be contradictory regarding age to me.
I am no expert but i'm wondering if it's European and not as old as I first may have thought.
Keep us posted if you get better info

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interesting.
The barrel and stock seem to be contradictory regarding age to me.
I am no expert but i'm wondering if it's European and not as old as I first may have thought.
Keep us posted if you get better info
I will, Google told me nothing I guess its just to "general" a gun.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.