Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,783 Posts

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Really guys? Great first experience for a new visitor to our community. How about a more polite and professional response.

OP, did you have a specific question about the process or just looking for feedback on your investigator. The LIF management has asked that participants don't generally share their IO's name in posts as there have been derogatory remarks made in the past and it was not good for anyone.

·
Banned
19,459 Posts
I get that the County might not be keen on the (subjects/investigatees) sharing information, but is this a forum for gun owners who wish to legally exercise their 2A rights, or for bureaucrats who all too often in recent history have attempted to stand in the way of those rights?

I can think of a host of (IMO) "appropriate" questions that could be answered by pooled resources. In the past, I/O's have gone on vacation and even vacated their positions IIRC, without licensees/applicants even being notified. There certainly IS some risk your IO might get wind of a complaint or something, but that risk would be borne by the OP- I didn't see anything malicious, seemed like an earnest enough question to me.

·
Banned
19,459 Posts
One of the worst thing cops hate is name dropping...not very helpful or fair for people to know an Officer that works in a particular department.
Isn't it public record? And you think it's more "fair" that person is calling an applicant's family members, landlord, boss, "personal references", creditors, demanding their medical information- private and confidential medical information? If I really had to weigh what was fair, it's be hard for me to see a couple of citizens comparing notes about their license delays or processes as "unfair" in light of the above.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Isn't it public record? And you think it's more "fair" that person is calling an applicant's family members, landlord, boss, "personal references", creditors, demanding their medical information- private and confidential medical information? If I really had to weigh what was fair, it's be hard for me to see a couple of citizens comparing notes about their license delays or processes as "unfair" in light of the above.
We have over 10,000 members, Police Officers names tend be used on traffic stops or for other reasons.
Why ask if anyone has used a particular Police Officer by name. It doesn't help an applicant in my opinion to go on a forum seeking information about a cop.

·
Registered
15,344 Posts
I've been trying to find Officer Joe Bolton for the last 50 years.

·
Clinger
4,810 Posts
Ya know ...The investigating officer might like to know if one of his case subjects is inquiring about him on a gun forum ....cops love to know that candidates are checking up on them on the internet... What could go wrong.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.