Long Island Shooters Forum banner

Anyone familiar with Mahopac in Putnam county.

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  fenucho 
#1 ·
I might be relocating my business there and I was wondering how gun friendly that county is. Also any advice on the schools up and around there would be helpful. If things go according to plans I would relocate my family just when my daughter would be starting in high school. Mahopac, carmel, croton, etc are all towns I could consider to live in.

#2 ·
#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
I do some hunting up there in Putnam just a little past Mahopac. And over the years, I've seen more and more yuppies moving up there from NYC. So that ought to give you an idea of what the area is becoming. A suburban NYC.

#7 ·
The girl or the city?

Wife's uncle lives up there in a huge house that is currently on the market. Was there once and remember it being in the sticks. I believe he hunts right up the road from him or maybe even on his property. EIther way, I know it's close to his house.

#8 ·
I am very familiar with the area but not their gun culture or their schools. Some great bars and great people, just from going up 3-45 times a year I know many locals already. Everyone seems very friendly. When it comes to house hunting I can only consider a ranch, no point getting a house with stairs at this stage. so that will cut down my search.

#11 ·
Just another note...

got this from a Sept 2014 post on NYFirearms...

"Got my full carry today, Judge was a gentleman . Brought us up three at a time asked name and address , told us to be safe and keep our guns locked up when not being used and removed restrictions. Only thing I said was my name and address , yes your honor and thank you. Anyone in Putnam should t have an issue . On another note people that messed up and had their permits revoked he was very tough on and hesitant on granting them thier permits back. "

Reactions: MikeM
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.