Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
think he should find a new profession....that place is a dump.

I think i have more handguns in my safe, then what he has in the store. Don't waste your time stopping in, he really has no inventory.

·
Banned
19,574 Posts
From what I gather irt's a buy-our-ammo range like LISC, $150/yr dues without any late hours, but does allow you to bring a guest once a month- something I did not find permissible at Freeport from what I read of Freeport's rules.

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
We're in the area, and I've been in there a few times. It's hit or miss with what he has in used guns. I almost bought a new 0/U from him but I decided to hold onto the shekels instead.

i've never had any problem in there. the place is a bit dated, but the folks are real nice. I guess my building supply customers could say the same thing about us.

I've asked them and they seem pretty willing to do pistol FFL transfers.

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
There used to be a great shop called Collectors Firearms on Jericho Tpke......Rone got me my first AR from there.  He always had great rare surplus stuff in there....snipers with strange scope configurations, trench magazines for springfields, all that good stuff.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have done a lot of business there and have always been treated fairly. I can't say the same for of the other stores I've gone to. As far as the store itself, its no gem but I would rather treated like a customer than a nusiance.

I would take some of the other posts with a grain of salt, if you are close stop by and look for yourself.

·
Registered
44 Posts
VolkoSupply said:
There used to be a great shop called Collectors Firearms on Jericho Tpke......Rone got me my first AR from there. He always had great rare surplus stuff in there....snipers with strange scope configurations, trench magazines for springfields, all that good stuff.
Still there. Nice shop but I haven't been there in a while. I used to go there alot before it changes owners. Maybe it time for me to go back and see what's new.

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
mrsuds said:
Still there. Nice shop but I haven't been there in a while. I used to go there alot before it changes owners. Maybe it time for me to go back and see what's new.
It's called Classic now, and they moved a bit east on Jericho Tpke. Nice enough place, but totally different than when Jeffrey had it (fat guy, always had a cigar and a smile.)

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Haven't been there in quite awhile-old school dingy basement range- if trigger time is what you seek Go eslewhere - my $.02

·
Registered
150 Posts
I've done some small business at Britts and the two service folks there are pleasant and helpful.

Jeff at Collectors had gone out of business and I sold some personal firearms there.
Others like Top Gun, Liberty and On Target have all gone by the wayside over the years.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Kenny from Classic used to work part time over at Collectors for Jeff way back when, so did Gary. Kenny is good people and tries to work with his customers

Collectors was a great store in its prime. Jeff would hit the shows in the region and come back with some great odd/unusual stuff

Unfortunately Jeff was more of a collector and enthusiast than he was a proficient business man.

The shop went into a long downhill economic deterioration after Jeff's old partner (the other bald headed) Ken passed away.

Anyone remember Nimrod's on Mineola Ave?...or the other shop on 1st Street in Mineola? I think it was Mineola Firearms....

Britt's is the sole remaining holdout from the distant past over there.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.