Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody on here weld titanium or know someone who can? My car got rear ended a few weeks ago and the exhaust got a little banged up. It's a high-end exhaust that is no longer made, but I'm looking to repair it. Just some small cracks around some of the brackets/attachments. I'm in Seaford, so the closer the better. Thanks

·
Giraffe Hunter
3,727 Posts
I can only guess that the location is going to be difficult to get to as most exhaust are. Its likely the broken section would need to be removed for proper welding. Your standard shop mig welder aint gonna cut it on TI. Its going to need to be TIG welded.
I can't help you with a full service shop that would do the job but if you intend to take the exhaust off yourself to get welded, Meriah metals in westbury would probably do it for you. Id do it myself for you but I don't have the correct nozzles at the ready and don't do enough TI to justify getting them.

http://www.mariahmetal.com

·
Sharp Shooter!
3,914 Posts
Can anybody on here weld titanium or know someone who can? My car got rear ended a few weeks ago and the exhaust got a little banged up. It's a high-end exhaust that is no longer made, but I'm looking to repair it. Just some small cracks around some of the brackets/attachments. I'm in Seaford, so the closer the better. Thanks
I might have somebody who can help you out, if you remove the parts etc. Location is in Wantagh. Certified Aircraft TIG welder. Let me know via PM if you want me to check with him about scheduling a meetup.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The exhaust is off the car, doing all the work myself. bigbore I will pm you thanks

·
Premium Member
2,766 Posts
Call up a local welding supply shop and see who they recommend. I would think an aircraft mechanic out of/near Republic Airport would be your best bet when it comes to titanium. It shouldn't be to hard since you have the exhaust removed from the car already.

·
Banned
19,459 Posts
+1000 for Mariah, they occasionally TIG up some of the stuff I fabricate and do a bang-up job of it. These are parts that get finished for high-end displays, so the weld needs to be good so I can grind perfectly smooth fillets.,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.