Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
AMF YOYO
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had one last night, a Coney Island Hard Root Beer, and it was...interesting.

Way too sweet for my taste with a weird bite to it and an aftertaste like it was made with some nasty non-sugar sweetener.

Then I saw a six-pack of "Not Your Fathers Root Beer" in the store today. For $12, I'm not experimenting.

(But I have to admit that I'm intrigued by the thought of a Boozy Root Beer Float... I'll call it a Root Beer Floozy)

Anyone have any good recommendations in case the Floozy becomes more than just an idea?

·
Banned
6,368 Posts
Had the "Not your fathers" root beer at the firehouse the other day. I was blown away how I couldn't taste the alcohol. It really tasted like a root beer. I'm not a soda drinker so just one or two is fine by me. Not the kind of thing I would have six of. Good stuff though.

·
Registered
276 Posts
"Not Your Fathers Root Beer" is worth the money IMO, it's delicious. Tastes like a quality root beer that would serve a float well. Serves well as a breakfast beverage as well. No "bite" as you were referring to with the Coney Island version.

Reactions: Tonto

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've tried the Coney Island and the Not Your Fathers. Like you said, the Coney Island was a little too sweet for me and the aftertaste was artifical tasting. The Not Your Father's was better. More of a natural taste and I was able to finish the whole bottle. Coney Island, I had to dump the end of it out. Couldn't finish it.

·
Bangkok rules. Now who has a can?
11,528 Posts
I just finished a "Not your fathers" about 5 minutes ago, lol. It's not a chugging beer, IMHO, goes great for sipping with a nice cigar. I saw the Coney Island last week, but picked up a case of "Not your fathers". I'll pick up a 6 pack of Coney Island in the future though.

Reactions: adesantis296

·
Accurizer
879 Posts
Just had a Not your father's last weekend for the first time and I thought it was pretty good. I could easily see buying a 6-pack or two and keeping it on hand. Maybe to surprise Dad (who loves root beer but rarely drinks alcohol) when he comes for a visit...

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
I liked the "not your fathers root beer" a few nights ago and was surprised I couldn't taste any alcohol. I love root beer so I chugged this down. But I can only have so much root beer cause it's too sweet. I would say one or two bottles until you get tired of it.

·
Sifting Through the Ruins
8,061 Posts
Had it at Grillfire last week. Didn't like, too sweet.

·
Sifting Through the Ruins
8,061 Posts
How did you like the food at the Grillfire? Was it the one in Massapequa?
Syosset. Food (kinda new American) was well above average and worth the price. Service and beer list very good.

·
Banned
3,362 Posts
I've had "not your father's" but not coney island the consensus from friends is not your father's blows away coney island

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.