Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
American Reloading is running a 25% off sale (which is pretty decent and fairly unusual). I already have their Commercial #5 and use it for 45 and 9mm, but with the sale I decided to get some Commercial #1. I also wanted to get some 185gr SWC for range use, but could not find load data to pair them with either commercial #1 or #5. While I searched, stock went down to zero, so I ended up not getting them anyway. So, while not an immediate need, any recipes for either of these powders with a 185gr SWC bullet?

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shoots fine in both the 9 and 45. No real smoke to speak of. Tiny bit of stink - like Blazer. Cases come out fairly clean. Meters well. In another thread I posted some load data for the #5. Initially I thought it did not meter well - it's very "fluffy" so in a new powder drop, static electricity seems stronger than gravity. However, after wiping down the powder drop with a bounce sheet (and then some graphite), it started dropping more consistently. Seems happier when you keep the powder container mostly full.

Overall a decent powder, and a fairly OK price (though I have little to compare it to).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts