Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if has been asked a few times......

Before i send this out of town for the work.....

i have a Sig 556 SCM, i need barrel threaded, and a Compliant Brake perm. Attached......

Would like to support local business.....

Not interested in Coliseum Guns !!!! :censored

thanks
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,890 Posts
+1 for Country Gunsmiths.

I'm very picky about things, and I had nothing to say after he handed me back my upper. Flawless and friendly service. 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,260 Posts
Forgive me asking this, but you know that you only need a brake (pinned/welded) if your barrel is threaded. If your barrel isn't threaded, you don't need to do anything. Some people have been confused before when reading the law.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just hung up with this fellow........Said just got off the phone 10 mins ago with a guy calling for the same work........ Said he got into a heated argument with him.....

This smith says its 100% ILLEGAL to thread a barrel and attach a muzzlebrake to it......

i said what if its perm. attached with a pin and silver solder.....he said NO , he can read me the law.., some troopers told him blah blah blah..

So rather try to debate , i can see he was agitated from his last call.......i thanked him and moved along ,......

Looks like i will have to send out to a professional.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BirdistheWord said:
Forgive me asking this, but you know that you only need a brake (pinned/welded) if your barrel is threaded. If your barrel isn't threaded, you don't need to do anything. Some people have been confused before when reading the law.
My barrel is not threaded....... your saying a brake can be added without having to thread it first ? Turn down the barrel ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,260 Posts
What I am saying is that, some people confuse the law and think that they NEED to get brake. The only reason the law mentions brakes (and pinning/welding them) is because the law deems a threaded barrel to be a bad thing. If your only reason for looking for a smith to put a brake on is compliance (and not actually wanting a brake), then good news, since your barrel isn't threaded to begin with, the law doesn't deem it a bad thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BirdistheWord said:
What I am saying is that, some people confuse the law and think that they NEED to get brake. The only reason the law mentions brakes (and pinning/welding them) is because the law deems a threaded barrel to be a bad thing. If your only reason for looking for a smith to put a brake on is compliance (and not actually wanting a brake), then good news, since your barrel isn't threaded to begin with, the law doesn't deem it a bad thing.
Gotcha thanks....i understand that......i want a brake on there mainly becasue i cannot stand the look of it.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,260 Posts
Adcofirearms.com is the place to look at then. Myself and many others on there have had them do barrel work (more for compliance then anything else). They did a flawless job on my AR.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BirdistheWord said:
Adcofirearms.com is the place to look at then. Myself and many others on there have had them do barrel work (more for compliance then anything else). They did a flawless job on my AR.
Thanks , ive got a email into Steve @ adco........just wanted to confirm with him exactly what i needed before i placed the order.......As you know they want all orders placed on line...... Im assuming i need the threading service and the attaching of my compliant brake.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,260 Posts
Yup, I was a little "turned off" by the way they do the orders, but actually Steve was AWESOME via email. I guess he is pretty busy hence no phone calls/service feel. The work is great and the turnaround was almost instant. As someone who was leery at first, my advice is that as long as you follow the instructions for ordering/labeling, you will love the work (and the time it takes to happen), Mike
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top