Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Sharp Shooter!
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forums, but been reading awhile.
With DA Rice running buckwild on L.I. is there anywhere local I can go to silver-solder or pin/weld a muzzle comp for my AR-15 upper?
Also maybe take off the bayonet lug and refinish the gas block.

I just got the RRA complete upper and not in the mood to disassemble the thing and ship the barrel off to Adco if I don't have to.

·
Member of the secret Canadian Mafia
5,785 Posts
If it is just silver soldering take it to a jeweler, they can do it... and probably enjoy working on something different!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Pate said:
Try:

Bob Giunta
631 567 1555

His shop is called County Gunsmith and he's in Bohemia.
Bobby will not do it.

·
Sharp Shooter!
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pate said:
Try:

Bob Giunta
631 567 1555

His shop is called County Gunsmith and he's in Bohemia.
I just called and he said he just spot welds it on the bottom...so confused, from what I been reading pin+weld or silver soldering was the 2 accepted methods.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Just get a pre ban lower :thumbsup

·
Registered
856 Posts
AngryAzn said:
I just called and he said he just spot welds it on the bottom...so confused, from what I been reading pin+weld or silver soldering was the 2 accepted methods.
And he uses a stick welder....trust me on this

·
Registered
501 Posts
AngryAzn said:
ive stopped in his shop a couple months ago to ask if he could change my muzzle cap to a slant brake on my ak and he would not do it..

·
Registered
48 Posts
AngryAzn said:
I brought a upper to Country gunsmith last week to have this done. It cost $40 and had it back by 12 o'clock the next day.

·
Registered
331 Posts
kavorka said:
I brought a upper to Country gunsmith last week to have this done. It cost $40 and had it back by 12 o'clock the next day.
What did bob do for your upper pin and weld or just a spot weld on the bottom? I went there in march to have my upper pinned and he said he didn't do that anymore. He said it only needed to be spot welded on the bottom of the brake but that he didn't weld either.

·
Registered
48 Posts
SteveM said:
What did bob do for your upper pin and weld or just a spot weld on the bottom? I went there in march to have my upper pinned and he said he didn't do that anymore. He said it only needed to be spot welded on the bottom of the brake but that he didn't weld either.
He did a spot weld on the bottom, no pin. I was referred to him by suffolk sportsman. When I called him to ask if he would do it, he said no problem, bring it in.

·
Registered
501 Posts
thats crazy.  i stopped in there and he told me he dont weld, and i quote "does it look like i weld?". i said how the f*ck should i know (but im more polite terms, but thats what was in my head)

·
Registered
215 Posts
I dropped mine off at SSS and they got it done for me.  It cost $100 for the comp and to have it pinned/welded.  Not sure who actually did the work, though.  

·
Registered
48 Posts
This is the weld from country gunsmith. I purchased a 22 upper from another member a month or so ago and it needed the weld.

·
Registered
215 Posts
bspz28 said:
How did it come out ?

This is how mine looks
About the same. It's definitely noticeable, but by no means ugly. pinned on the bottom, and pretty much invisible until you look underneath.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.