Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a garmin montana 600 Gps unit to use for off road navigation on my motorcycle in massachusets and vermont. I am trying to route a course using the basecamp software through the topographic maps I am also trying to use google earth to find connecting trails and dirt roads however, I can't seem to pull up google earth in base camp as a layer (I am using 2 computers one with earth on it and one with base camp there has to be an easier way anyone with experience clue me in, I am trying to make it thru mass with minimal paved surfaces then from vermont to canada the same way mostly dirt and trail.

·
Black Robe Regiment Immigration without assimilati
8,064 Posts
I recently purchased a garmin montana 600 Gps unit to use for off road navigation on my motorcycle in massachusets and vermont. I am trying to route a course using the basecamp software through the topographic maps I am also trying to use google earth to find connecting trails and dirt roads however, I can't seem to pull up google earth in base camp as a layer (I am using 2 computers one with earth on it and one with base camp there has to be an easier way anyone with experience clue me in, I am trying to make it thru mass with minimal paved surfaces then from vermont to canada the same way mostly dirt and trail.
Canada on a motorcycle through the backwoods? Cuban cigars will be imported here soon enough.

Reactions: rubbermittens

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm not gonna be much help except to say that unfortunately there may not be a way. I own several garmin products and the software is the weakest link for sure. Basecamp is over complicated and under featured. Maybe there a 3rd party option to make it easier?

Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not gonna be much help except to say that unfortunately there may not be a way. I own several garmin products and the software is the weakest link for sure. Basecamp is over complicated and under featured. Maybe there a 3rd party option to make it easier?

Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
at least I am not the only one who thinks it is over complicated and poorly designed. However, I just figured out that it will work on my PC with the google earth but not on my mac (which is what I was using) go figure

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.