Long Island Shooters Forum banner

Any carry permits issued yet?

35K views 303 replies 44 participants last post by  Grupet 
#1 ·
Has Suffolk issued any carry permits yet?
I know a course is required.
Thanks!
M.

#7 ·
The judge is going to hear the updated case to throw out the bs ccia law

#19 ·
Yes i agree but this will be challenging in court. Also yes i do i talked to an office today who told me you will have to give you social media and maybe an update on marital status or domestic partnership. Cool you can have mu snap chat enjoy it lol. And i dont know any law abiding citizens just getting arrested and charged with crimes.

#31 ·
Getting training is not unreasonable in concept, but its easy to abuse if the state wants to. Given that NYS and our feckless leaders in Albany have no intention in acting in good faith, its important to remove their ability to throw up intentional blocks hidden as "safety" requirements. 44 other states have figured out how to have a fair licensing system and all but 2 or 3 have figured out how to comply with a SCOTUS ruling. Until NYS does so, we'd be idiots to concede any type of infringement that could easily be converted into yet another degrading and meaningless hoop to jump through.

Look at how they pass restriction after restriction. First the ban X but not Y, saying that its not a real infringement since Y is not banned. Then they claim Y is a loophole and should be closed and its ok to do so because X was banned.

#33 ·
By you saying you have nothing to hide by handing over all social media accounts and assuming they’ll hand you a carry permit is pretty bold. No one knows what standards they’re searching when you give all access. What if you had one argument and said something dumb 12 years ago. Is that a denial? Will a denial lead to full revocation of a pistol license in general? Their social media check is a blatant violation of a constitutional rights. It needs to be fought in court and people need to stop bowing down and accepting there terms.

#34 ·
first off i think it is dumb for them to collect social media. Second its only for 3 years back. And i have only had snap chat never had facebook or instagram i also bearly use it. I have already giving them character references my first go around so they already know all about me. I hope it dose get overturned i think is very invasive but i will jump threw all of there hoops. Already did the class handed in my certificate now on to the interview ill keep yall posted when i get a call

#35 ·
Just curious, did you have to give them passwords? I am pretty sure my accounts are private. I would have to accept a friend request or give passwords so they can log in as me. I am not worried either but its beyond creepy for big brother looking at family photos and conversations, I share with friends & family.

#46 ·
So you have to have an existing pistol license to handle a handgun in the live fire portion? How does that work thought you weren't even allowed to look at a handgun in NYS without one. Seems a little contrary but par for the CCIA course of making it up as you go along.

#70 ·
11/17 for me, and my buddy 11/8 , no call yet. There is no reason for this, we cleared when we got our sportsman. I also do not believe all was lost during the "Suffolk hacking". All modern database systems are routinely backed up for security purposes. We go to PA centry county and you walk out in 15 minutes with a full security check and your license in hand.

#81 · (Edited)
My brother moved to TN, 2 days he has his full carry license, and they consider that a stretch. 2 fucking years for us to be GRANTED the right to buy a pistol, what is every question for each applicant sent by horseback to/from whatever entity they use to get information? It’s a load of shit, purposely delayed, to either
1. hoping the applicant does something in that period to get a denial.
2. get applicant to just “give up” and say “not worth it”.
If any of these “rules” and out of pocket cost were applied to illegal aliens right to dwell here, we would have every chidrool ACLU lawyer up in arms, for lack of a better term. The first 6 months is total BS, with the county application, which the one good thing, if you can believe it, the SAFE Act got rid of. The safe act was to have 1 NY State application for all counties, but SC/NC did not want to get rid of their more intrusive questions. So the first round (6+ months) is passing the county level stuff, then when you go in for your interview/fingerprints, you only “apply” for the STATE LICENSE. I am surprised this has not been legally challenged. When I applied 15 years ago, interview was within a month, and I had my license in 5 months, start to finish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.