Long Island Shooters Forum banner
101 - 120 of 138 Posts

· Registered
590 Posts
It's crazy that we all have been vetted and trained one way or another and it's still not good enough. I'm currently at 7-1/2 weeks of waiting after dropping off my certificate. Dropped off paperwork on 11/23. Thinking about taking a ride after work and dropping in. I have heard they are between 12 and 16 weeks currently which is mind boggling even though it's suffolk county and I shouldnt expect much..

· Registered
1,165 Posts
Deliberate slow walking as we have noted countless times. It's the SCPD higher ups way of enforcing their own gun control agenda and has been that way unchallenged for decades. Don't ever think they want or will help in any way us peasants to own and carry guns they work actively against it.

· Registered
590 Posts
I dropped in at Yaphank to see what’s up. I first confirmed that they have all necessary paperwork since my first submission was lost. I’m currently at 8 weeks and counting. Was told they are still working on November and I should get the call soon. All I can say at this point is I really can’t wait to leave this state.

· Registered
412 Posts
I dropped in at Yaphank to see what’s up. I first confirmed that they have all necessary paperwork since my first submission was lost. I’m currently at 8 weeks and counting. Was told they are still working on November and I should get the call soon. All I can say at this point is I really can’t wait to leave this state.
Submission lost? How did you discover that?

· Registered
266 Posts
Wow! I am at 8 weeks tomorrow. Now I'm wondering at what point do I call.
soo i was down there adding a new pistol yesterday and saw a guy hand in his certificate it went from 6 weeks for mine now there up to 16 weeks they said ... crazyness just be happy your in and getting yours soon. Once u got it u never will have to go threw it again only renewing as usual

· Registered
785 Posts
soo i was down there adding a new pistol yesterday and saw a guy hand in his certificate it went from 6 weeks for mine now there up to 16 weeks they said ... crazyness just be happy your in and getting yours soon. Once u got it u never will have to go threw it again only renewing as usual
Who is to say they don't change the law again & again? I appreciate your optimism. I lost faith in this state years ago. After all this, I will still need a background check for a box of ammo.

· Registered
27 Posts
Picked up from NCPD today. 10 weeks total but on the 8th they called for social media and household members which weren't required per the Suddaby injunction when I originally submitted.

What I found odd is the back reads, not valid in NYC. Guess I just assumed we were done with that. How do they continue to get away with that??

· Registered
2,609 Posts
Picked up from NCPD today. 10 weeks total but on the 8th they called for social media and household members which weren't required per the Suddaby injunction when I originally submitted.

What I found odd is the back reads, not valid in NYC. Guess I just assumed we were done with that. How do they continue to get away with that??
Yes, you just assumed. Licensing has not been challenged, just the "proper cause" required to get a license. You now do not need such cause to get a NYC carry license should you choose to apply for one and otherwise qualify.

· Registered
412 Posts
I waited a while and eventually i checked in for a status and was told we have no record of you dropping off your certificate. I even had a receipt. So another 5 bucks later and another certificate dropped off here I wait.
They should have looked at that the date of your receipt and put you in queue according to that date. Getting put to the back of the line was uncalled for, for their mistake. That is really frustrating to read.

This is 100% speculation, but I am wondering if things are on hold waiting for the results of the March 20th Second Circuit outcome.

· Registered
590 Posts
They should have looked at that the date of your receipt and put you in queue according to that date. Getting put to the back of the line was uncalled for, for their mistake. That is really frustrating to read.

This is 100% speculation, but I am wondering if things are on hold waiting for the results of the March 20th Second Circuit outcome.
I agree, my receipt just said license amendment. Just vague enough to start over again. The whole process just sucks. From the kneejerk CCIA to Suffolk not knowing what they were doing for weeks on end. Just going to wait like when I waited to get my license. I'm not surprised, just ticked off.

101 - 120 of 138 Posts