Long Island Shooters Forum banner
81 - 100 of 138 Posts

· Registered
6,586 Posts
Wayne will only issue a non resident CCW if your resident permit is also a CCW.
My brother moved to TN, 2 days he has his full carry license, and they consider that a stretch. 2 fucking years for us to be GRANTED the right to buy a pistol, what is every question for each applicant sent by horseback to/from whatever entity they use to get information? It’s a load of shit, purposely delayed, to either
1. hoping the applicant does something in that period to get a denial.
2. get applicant to just “give up” and say “not worth it”.
If any of these “rules” and out of pocket cost were applied to illegal aliens right to dwell here, we would have every chidrool ACLU lawyer up in arms, for lack of a better term. The first 6 months is total BS, with the county application, which the one good thing, if you can believe it, the SAFE Act got rid of. The safe act was to have 1 NY State application for all counties, but SC/NC did not want to get rid of their more intrusive questions. So the first round (6+ months) is passing the county level stuff, then when you go in for your interview/fingerprints, you only “apply” for the STATE LICENSE. I am surprised this has not been legally challenged. When I applied 15 years ago, interview was within a month, and I had my license in 5 months, start to finish.

· Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Can someone post a copy (redacted) of the completed CCW application they handed in to NCPD PLB that was accepted

I’m just looking for wording and format.
Thanks

· Registered
29 Posts
There was a dude who posted in another thread today reporting he was told at Yapank the wait time now is 4 months as the volume has increased.
That "DUDE" was me. I submitted my Certificate 1/16/23 they told me I'm looking at 4 months with everyone taking the training. Hopefully the courts will be done by then removing the unconstitutional BS.

· Still a David Crockett kid
2,849 Posts
I was debating the CC option and at the same time was debating leaving N.Y. well yesterday I went forward on a home in S.C. I love L.I. but more and more I feel like a stranger here The property has a pro gun sign on the fence and the owner asked if I shoot since she and both neighbors shoot on their property all the time..So leaving N.Y. will be my answer to Hokey Kathy

· Registered
412 Posts
you guys are being played….Third world countries don’t even take this long

an acquaintance of mine, got his Costa Rica CCW quicker and he is not even a Costa Rican citizen
Yes, we are being taken for a ride, with no respect for the constitution. We have people who have died for our constitution only to have it trampled on with no urgency in sight. There are Zero reasons for this, as we have already cleared under the old sportsmen coupled with the new training standard. It should be a simple edit on the spot as we turn in the embossed training certificate and out the door we go,

· Registered
412 Posts
When the time finally comes how do they contact you, cell phone, email , letter in the mail? Do they schedule like an interview or do they say just come in and get it. Just curious.
I asked to be contacted by email, I was told email data has been lost and the only method of contact is via the phone number provided on the amendment application.

· Registered
1,165 Posts
If I had submitted my training certificate and was now waiting the ludicrous 4 months+ I would carry anywhere lawfully allowed now (which is essentially nowhere) and not worry whatsoever about the infinitesimal chance of a) being caught carrying and b) a cop actually who would care about jacking up a licensed handgun owner with a full carry in the works waiting on paperwork. I've carried legally with the sportsman's restriction where allowed "to and from the range" for 30+ years before the CCIA and have never once been remotely close to being stopped. YMMV.

· Registered
785 Posts
If I had submitted my training certificate and was now waiting the ludicrous 4 months+ I would carry anywhere lawfully allowed now (which is essentially nowhere) and not worry whatsoever about the infinitesimal chance of a) being caught carrying and b) a cop actually who would care about jacking up a licensed handgun owner with a full carry in the works waiting on paperwork. I've carried legally with the sportsman's restriction where allowed "to and from the range" for 30+ years before the CCIA and have never once been remotely close to being stopped. YMMV.
Incredibly frustrating. Especially for people who have demonstrated for decades they are lawful. It will never be enough.

81 - 100 of 138 Posts