Long Island Shooters Forum banner
61 - 80 of 138 Posts

· Registered
8,422 Posts
i hope your right honestly. But i personally didn't feel like waiting and in my opinion it will be left in. The fact that it wasn't in 53 pages of the judge's order makes me think this way.
The judge only questioned things that in his mind were clearly unconstitutional. He stayed away from anything that might be controversial.

You have a lot of pro 2A folks that have conflated the benefits of training with what is Constitutional. Again, the standard is text, history and tradition at the time the Bill of Rights was ratified. No such training requirement existed.

I'm 100% for training but not as a condition to exercise a fundamental right. What should motivate people to train is a clear understanding that they will be held fully responsible for every round they fire from a weapon. You could lose everything financially and your freedom if you misuse a firearm. Ranges could make a condition for using their range that the person has to take some type of training course. Maybe others have suggestions on how to promote training but I'm against government mandated training. It's 16 hours this year, 40 hours next year and continues down that path.

· Administrator
299 Posts
I took my 16+2 hour course over the weekend, went to the PLB today at 9 AM requesting an upgrade, told they’ll call me… Let’s see how long this takes…
Interview for your upgrade to CCW or interview for pistol permit in general? If just for your pistol permit in general when did you submit your application?
He posted the above on 10/24.

· Registered
31 Posts
I took my 16+2 hour course over the weekend, went to the PLB today at 9 AM requesting an upgrade, told they’ll call me… Let’s see how long this takes…
CCW issued 1/9/23….. only have to fill out a form of social media accounts who lives with you in and out in 10 minutes… Of course no place to carry because they provide you the list of sensitive places and tell you that there’s no place to carry

· Registered
412 Posts
CCW issued 1/9/23….. only have to fill out a form of social media accounts who lives with you in and out in 10 minutes… Of course no place to carry because they provide you the list of sensitive places and tell you that there’s no place to carry
Captrn000 can you post your timeline including the date you submitted your 16/2 course and which licensing office issued it?

· Registered
412 Posts
I submitted my certificate on 11/23 and so far no phone call. Guess it's a waiting game.
11/17 for me, and my buddy 11/8 , no call yet. There is no reason for this, we cleared when we got our sportsman. I also do not believe all was lost during the "Suffolk hacking". All modern database systems are routinely backed up for security purposes. We go to PA centry county and you walk out in 15 minutes with a full security check and your license in hand.

· Registered
8,422 Posts
A court in NJ of all places just smashed the sensitive place legislation their governor signed into law. The judge actually use the NY case to support the claim that the NJ law was unconstitutional. I really hope the Supreme Court will spank the NY court for not allowing the TRO to take affect.

Reactions: ARP228 and KPvette

· Registered
590 Posts
11/17 for me, and my buddy 11/8 , no call yet. There is no reason for this, we cleared when we got our sportsman. I also do not believe all was lost during the "Suffolk hacking". All modern database systems are routinely backed up for security purposes. We go to PA centry county and you walk out in 15 minutes with a full security check and your license in hand.

I agree I went to Wayne and 10 min later all was good..

· Premium Member
809 Posts
You have to apply on line and pick it up when it is ready. The number for the Wayne County Sheriff’s Pistol Section is (570) 253-2641. You do need a NY CCW for Wayne County to issue you a non resident permit.

· Registered
12,439 Posts
You apply on line.
Once approved they will let you know and you can pick it up whenever you want. In fact you can check the status on their website.
There is no interview. Total cost is $25 — below is the link to their website.

License to Carry Information & Application | Wayne County, PA
Is Wayne County, back to issuing to a non resident with Restrictions?
I know two friends with a Nassau Target received theirs back in November 2021.

· Registered
6,586 Posts
In reality, we all have them already, there should be no additional steps required, we all received CARRY permits, what did we go through all this nonsense for what ? To buy a pistol to keep locked in a safe ?

· Registered
6,586 Posts
All modern database systems should have at least nightly full backups and differential and transaction log / redo log backups performed throughout the day, and stored offsite, assuming not a “simple“ recovery model situation, to a point of most allowable data loss, in the event of a restore from backup. If the IT/DBA guy did not do AT LEAST this, should be fired.

61 - 80 of 138 Posts