Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 138 Posts

· Registered
1,566 Posts
The judge is going to hear the updated case to throw out the bs ccia law

· SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee
7,350 Posts
Gary, will you be able to post the latest news. I know a few YouTube pro 2A channels are vaguely covering this. It will be big news. One of the local gun shops was telling a customer he will need to submit to a drug test. When did the CCIA add this portion?
The CCIA was not modified, to include any urine tests. The is NCPD acting on its own and opening themselves to a major suit.
Gary

· Registered
1,774 Posts
i have completed my 16 hour course and 2 hour live fire i have brought my certificate down to SCPD they said they will call me in a few weeks for a "light interview " There is no piss test in Suffolk

Let's hope by light interview they don't mean you sitting in a chair in a dark room with a spotlight shining in your face for 6 hours during questioning.

· Registered
785 Posts
i have completed my 16 hour course and 2 hour live fire i have brought my certificate down to SCPD they said they will call me in a few weeks for a "light interview " There is no piss test in Suffolk
It is crazy you need another interview. As more and more people complete the course the interviews are going to be further and further delayed.

· Registered
108 Posts
It is crazy you need another interview. As more and more people complete the course the interviews are going to be further and further delayed.
i agree but i have nothing to hide i did the inconvenient part of doing the class and live fire. Also evey 3 years you dont have to re do the class just a live fire Qualification which is hitting a target at 4 yards 5 times. Extremely easy if u cant do that you should be carrying

· Registered
8,422 Posts
i agree but i have nothing to hide i did the inconvenient part of doing the class and live fire. Also evey 3 years you dont have to re do the class just a live fire Qualification which is hitting a target at 4 yards 5 times. Extremely easy if u cant do that you should be carrying
Based on what I’ve heard from lawyers and police officers numerous people get charged and convicted who thought they had nothing to hide. At this point, with the interview and social media disclosure requirements, you have no concrete idea what they are looking for. These requirements are a violation of your 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th Amendment rights. We should not be consenting to give up one right to exercise another.

· Registered
108 Posts
Yes i agree but this will be challenging in court. Also yes i do i talked to an office today who told me you will have to give you social media and maybe an update on marital status or domestic partnership. Cool you can have mu snap chat enjoy it lol. And i dont know any law abiding citizens just getting arrested and charged with crimes.

· Registered
108 Posts
Yes i agree but this will be challenging in court. Also yes i do i talked to an office today who told me you will have to give you social media and maybe an update on marital status or domestic partnership. Cool you can have mu snap chat enjoy it lol. And i dont know any law abiding citizens just getting arrested and charged with crimes.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts