Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get my bow license this year anyone do courses in Nassau or Nassau Suffolk border

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looking to get my bow license this year anyone do courses in Nassau or Nassau Suffolk border

·
Registered
495 Posts
Interested in getting my license as well. How do these classes work, is it just watching videos and lecture or is it hands on?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Interested in getting my license as well. How do these classes work, is it just watching videos and lecture or is it hands on?

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
be-for you can hunt with a bow you must take a hunter safety class [gun] then you can get your bow safety class [certificate]
papabear
this is the list for all the class in New York state

http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/9191.html

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
be-for you can hunt with a bow you must take a hunter safety class [gun] then you can get your bow safety class [certificate]
papabear
this is the list for all the class in New York state

http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/9191.html

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Mill River Rod and Gunb club isn't actually in Bayville. It's in East Norwich  It is located 12 Vernon Ave just off Northern Blvd and just west of 106 There is a small Shopping center there  Phone # 516 922 3215    

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Mill River Rod and Gunb club isn't actually in Bayville. It's in East Norwich  It is located 12 Vernon Ave just off Northern Blvd and just west of 106 There is a small Shopping center there  Phone # 516 922 3215    

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
Jk20a3 said:
very little video, mostly lecture with Q and A throughout was my experience in both the hunter (gun) safety and bowhunter safety courses I took from enthusiastic and knowledgeable volunteers. These guys are unpaid and except for the satisfaction of doing a good thing and providing an excellent service, get little in return. I have stood on line with two friends at the DEC check station in Ridge, both of whom were/are safety instructors for DEC, and they don't even get a break from that "annoyance." Be prepared to stay put for the full announced time duration of the courses, as the instructors also operate with integrity and will not cut the nights or days short.

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
Jk20a3 said:
very little video, mostly lecture with Q and A throughout was my experience in both the hunter (gun) safety and bowhunter safety courses I took from enthusiastic and knowledgeable volunteers. These guys are unpaid and except for the satisfaction of doing a good thing and providing an excellent service, get little in return. I have stood on line with two friends at the DEC check station in Ridge, both of whom were/are safety instructors for DEC, and they don't even get a break from that "annoyance." Be prepared to stay put for the full announced time duration of the courses, as the instructors also operate with integrity and will not cut the nights or days short.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Thanks for the responses. I hunt in PA so ive taken the regular course their as a kid. Guess im gonn have  to sit through both for NY now.  I wish tjey would combine the 2 classes. Sorry for grammer, typing on my phone lol

·
Registered
495 Posts
Thanks for the responses. I hunt in PA so ive taken the regular course their as a kid. Guess im gonn have  to sit through both for NY now.  I wish tjey would combine the 2 classes. Sorry for grammer, typing on my phone lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts