Long Island Shooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
shots fired
2,350 Posts
So its almost beach season and Im looking for a good "portable" audio system for those days on the sand. My Dad has one of these which ive used in the past but its a bit under powered (http://www.ionaudio....ck-rocker-am-fm). I want something loud! Not to be obnoxious but just something that can get the party going.
I say "portable" but I only mean self powered. It seems all the units on the market have super long (20+ hour) battery lives. I want more power and less life. Enough for one beach trip and a recharge.
I was thinking of building a box I could power with a deep cycle car/boat battery. Just looking some guidance.
Better to use car speakers and a car amplifier, or internally amplified speakers and an inverter? Any help or advice would be appreciated.

my other idea is to buy a home system like (http://www.samsclub.com/sams/230w-giga-soundsystem-bluetoot/prod18230353.ip) and build it into a custom box with a battery and a 120 inverter.

·
shots fired
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol for the record I in no way want to be a nuisance (and have not been in the past). We usually travel with a large group. 5 or 6 vehicles so we take up a big space. No disrespect to our neighbors.

·
Putin, the new Ceasar. Veni,Vidi, Vici!
22,005 Posts
Put a cheap car stereo in a box with speakers and power directly from the battery, no power sucking inverter necessary.

·
Gunecologist
2,261 Posts
Audio Research D350 or Mark Levinson class A amps tied together.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Self powered is going to limit your volume and they usually sound thin as they're mostly designed for voice only. If you'd consider picking up a small portable Honda gas generator, that'd open up your options.

·
Older Budweiser
2,222 Posts
lol for the record I in no way want to be a nuisance (and have not been in the past). We usually travel with a large group. 5 or 6 vehicles so we take up a big space. No disrespect to our neighbors.
If you are taking your vehicles on the beach or are parked in the lot, why not use the car stereo?

·
Sharp Shooter!
446 Posts
We have been using the 12/18volt Milwaukee radios and they have been working great for us out there. we take a few batteries and run all day/night. We also use their lights as well. the lantern and spot light work awesome

·
Listen up,I don't dial 911.
3,599 Posts
The "newest Milwaukee" is likely what you want , a charger, blue tool ,aux plugs, all that stuff. Home Depot or tool stores.

·
Premium Member
3,195 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,195 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
when i am on the beach fishing I hate when some one pulls up next to me and starts playing music if i wanted to hear it i would have it on my self if your going to play music stay away from others who just want peace and quite

1 - 20 of 20 Posts