·
Tactical Shrubbery!!
3,802 Posts
+2 8)

·
Banned
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I parked in front thinking it would be a quick stop cause I didn't have much time.
Once I walked in, somehow I discovered I had an hour to hang out and was glad I did.

Picked up my vertec 9mm G model. Been waiting for it, and felt like a (jewish) kid on christmas. Also picked up 2 pairs of std length 5.11 shorts (I have the academy already - a bit too much leg for me!) Needed a holster for a friend and the guys there made sure I left with more items than I paid for, always a treat!

The tactical goodness there can NOT be understated:a vet walked out with a socom 16" M1a when I was there. I got to fondle the new ruger AR. FN's and AR's on the wall - it really is a sight to behold in CarolynMcCarthyVille.

Also got to try out some pocket guns - might have to compromise my anti-ruger-ness and buy a ruger LCP soon.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
chapperjoe said:
I parked in front thinking it would be a quick stop cause I didn't have much time.
Once I walked in, somehow I discovered I had an hour to hang out and was glad I did.

Picked up my vertec 9mm G model. Been waiting for it, and felt like a (jewish) kid on christmas. Also picked up 2 pairs of std length 5.11 shorts (I have the academy already - a bit too much leg for me!) Needed a holster for a friend and the guys there made sure I left with more items than I paid for, always a treat!

The tactical goodness there can NOT be understated:a vet walked out with a socom 16" M1a when I was there. I got to fondle the new ruger AR. FN's and AR's on the wall - it really is a sight to behold in CarolynMcCarthyVille.

Also got to try out some pocket guns - might have to compromise my anti-ruger-ness and buy a ruger LCP soon.
So many toys, so little money :gaah

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I just picked up a full size baby eagle 40 S&W from Mike at South Shoresportsman and decided to order the compact baby eagle as well.  got a great price.  South Shore took care of me as usual

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Yes, anyone who goes there, tell when you heard it from here; Long Island Firearms!

I just picked up my LCP from dazzoz today, cant wait to get to the range in the AM :)

Ohh, and yes you NEED to shoot the R9. ecr/Eric will be at our meet next week and I'm certain he will let you try it.

...I'm giving away a jar of 9mm :) Who knows you might win the jar and shoot the crap out of the R9 with it! :)

·
Problem solver... maker... solver... maker.
6,239 Posts
Stopped there myself on the way home from work. Parking sucks, but the staff and store are great. Spoke to Mike and another guy there. Great rifle assortment and gear there. Picked up a few speed loaders and will be going back for replacement grips. Also looking into a .45 and still up in the air between a 1911, XD or something like the M&P 45. I know there are debates from "Glock guys" and "1911 guys". Any info is appreciated.

·
Banned
17,343 Posts
CaptainMitchell said:
Stopped there myself on the way home from work. Parking sucks, but the staff and store are great. Spoke to Mike and another guy there. Great rifle assortment and gear there. Picked up a few speed loaders and will be going back for replacement grips. Also looking into a .45 and still up in the air between a 1911, XD or something like the M&P 45. I know there are debates from "Glock guys" and "1911 guys". Any info is appreciated.
great stuff at South Shore Sportsman. I have a M&P 45C and just got a Colt 1911. Not a fan of the XD myself , I didn't like the fit and feel but that is subjective. As far as Glock have the Glock 31 FS .357sig and feel like I made a mistake getting that also ( up for sale if anyone wants it) Love the M&P and the Colt 1911 but I would trust the M&P more for self defense. Nothing against the 1911 as she is something I wanted since I was a teen ( more years ago than I care to say) The size, hollow point feeding (as from what I have read but I could be wrong) and magazine reliabilty (the Colt mags stink ordering Wilson Combat) make me stay with one of the 4 M&Ps that I have from 9-.45 over the 1911 for defense.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.