Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Problem solver... maker... solver... maker.
6,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went in to SSS over the past three days trying to decide between an XD .45, M&P .45 and a 1911 (actually, quite a few of them)

On Saturday, although there were other customers in the store the guys behind the counter were patient and took the time to go over a few models with me. This would be my first .45 and 1911 style gun (if I choose to go this way.)

Went back on Sunday and narrowed my choices to three models (two 1911s and the M&P)... then two(one 1911 and the M&P)... the final choice turned out to be the Rock Island 1911a1. (Can't wait to use it!)

Did the run today and picked it up. Smooth transaction both at SSS and Yaphank. Mike, his brother and the 1911 guru that helped me out all get a big thumbs up from me.

On a side note... While out at Yaphank, I spoke to a couple of officers about the web listing of all us gun owners and they had just become aware of it this morning... and are not happy about it. A few other patrons that overheard the conversation had their ears perk up as well. I told them to stop by this site for the scoop :)

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Great news on your firearm.

We moved that 'site' off the main road for it has a complete listing of people whom have licenses in NYS with addresses. What I will make clear is that there are retired LEOs on this list and will not make that website public here at LIF.

·
6,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Adding another +1 Finally got to put 100 rounds through the Rock Island 1911 and it is spot on. Love it!!!

·
6,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looked at a few in that price range (really nice Springfield mil. spec.) and they had a bunch that were higher end.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I was looking for a springer GI 1911A1, all over GB, but couldn't find out locally, but did find an AO GI 1911A1 from Mark at SSS by SCPD HQ, haven't shot it yet, but very happy with it so far, actually smoother in many aspects than my colt 1991a1, and maybe a bit tighter frame to slide. Neither rattle, but neither machined like a match gun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.